It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlinkySlinks
Newborn
Newborn
SlinkySlinks

Female Join date : 2013-08-25

In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! Empty
PostSubject: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Please i need help ASAP! its getting worse and worse! My Husky has destroyed about 7/8ths of the yard and is not digging a HUGE hole under the patio! im worried the fence may be next, then he will be long gone!! pleas what should i do! he gets long walks, has plently of toys, gets plenty of play time in the house, and plently of pets. he is about 9 mounth old. and he also today just ripped the cable cord apart. he could have been shocked! he CAN NOT be crated beacuse he wets himself and hurts himself. NO sprays work! PLEASE i really dont know what to do! i hve tryed everythin and its just getting WORSE!!! is anyone else having this problem? if you have ANYTHING you think might help. please, i just dont know anymoe, nothing i do seems to be working.  No No No No No No No No No
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm

if you want him to be outside, put rocks and bricks around the fence, and if it is still bad, let him be in the house, in one room. btw, if you can't crate him, TEACH HIM. that is what's missing. crate train, and if he pees, training will do the job Smile if this doesn't help, i guess other people will help you
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:56 pm

How long of a walk does he get and how many times a day? He sounds like he's bored with way too much energy. We buried wire under the dirt all along the base of our fence to keep Kenzi from digging under and have had much better luck with tobasco sauce keeping her from chewing than we ever did sprays.

Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:11 pm

You can also try burying large patio bricks under the dirt where the fence is so he can't dig down any further.

A few people on here have built sandboxes for their huskies to dig in:

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t1604-dakota-s-new-sandbox?highlight=sandbox#20266

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4441-built-mieka-a-sandbox?highlight=sandbox#70567
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 pm

I have to agree with Jenn. To me it sounds like needs more exercise. On top of that you have a teenage husky, so he will definitely be pushing his boundaries a lot.
Back to top Go down
Rigbyjek
Puppy
Puppy
Rigbyjek

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Doggie daycare is always an option too Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:26 am

I definitely second the suggestion of doggie daycare. It takes my pup from a level 11 to passed out for 24-48 hours. When he used to go, he would just come home and sleep. It was so nice! Sending him 2 days a week was plenty to keep him happy and comfortable. He was temporarily banned until after he gets neutered though. So, I've had to increase walks, training, and dog park time to a huge degree. It's been about 3 months since he's been able to go, my how times flies, but it's been fun too. Sometimes he'd be so tired after daycare, I actually found him to be a bit boring lol.
Back to top Go down
GenaG
Puppy
Puppy
GenaG

Female Join date : 2012-02-09

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Digging for a husky is a problem behaviour for humans, but it is rewarding for huskies.

If you find your husky digging, do not go out and yell at him to stop. You need to catch him by surprise. What I mean by that is that when your dog is digging, have a can with some change in it that you can shake while he is digging to catch him off guard (don't let him see you) this will direct his attention away from digging, continue doing that until he stops digging.

Another way is to buy a treat ball. You can find them at WalMart and the treats there as well. It is a ball that has a hold in it so you can put the treats in there, the dog can smell them but has to roll the ball around to make the treats fall out. It is a mentally stimulating exercise for the dog, keeping him distracted and entertained.

You can also do what other above me here have mentioned. Burying stuff in the ground so he can't dig through, etc.

If you need any other ideas, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!   In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

In Desperate Need of Help! Destroying Everything!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1