It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

17 year old husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laurnerox1
Newborn
Newborn
laurnerox1

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Not sure if this has been shared before...

But has anyone else heard of this story? I love the picture at 2:26, she looks so happy!

https://youtu.be/nqH_DmckpgA

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:04 pm

our husky rescue posted it on FB, i hope the old owners burn in hell, everyone of us i know hopes and wishes we will get to see our babies at 17yr old looking as good as she does! bless her little husky heart!

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I also saw that.. I agree how could some one do that to a dog they had all years... I also saw that she got rescue and will have a safe and loving home to live out her final years..
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:54 pm

jbealer wrote:
our husky rescue posted it on FB, i hope the old owners burn in hell, everyone of us i know hopes and wishes we will get to see our babies at 17yr old looking as good as she does! bless her little husky heart!

That's a tad harsh don't you think? :s (not that I'm defending them or anything like that...)

Either way I'm glad that they got to rescue her and she's in pretty good shape too!
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 pm

I agree with jennifer harsh or not i think people like that deserve something terrible, i wouldnt even call them old owners personally. She looks like shes doing really good at the end of the vid, greatful she has a loving family now!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:45 am

AMB wrote:
jbealer wrote:

That's a tad harsh don't you think? :s (not that I'm defending them or anything like that...)

Well when they said they were droping her off cause she has not died yet I don't think its to harsh to say what I did.

Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:59 am

That just makes me cry. It looked like the previous idiots never brushed her, never exercised her...nothing! Sad I'm glad she was adopted. Breaks my heart that someone can treat their dog like that...
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 am

aww poor Shada Sad they should be glad she has lived so long not impatient to get rid of her
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:51 am

jbealer wrote:

I totally agree with you. I wish some of my previous dogs would of stayed around that many years. I would have loved to have my Samantha around for another 4 years. It broke my heart when I had to put her to sleep.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:58 am

I can only hope that my huskies live so long. Don't get a pet if you're not willing to take care for them until their final days, even if that's 8 years, 13 years, 17 years or 20 years from now. My boyfriend's family has an older male husky who is around 14 years now, slowing down but still moving on his own like a champ. It's amazing to be able to experience your life with these dogs, so I can only hope I get 17 years of that opportunity.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 am

I wish my dog could live as long as I did... only had him in my house for just over a year and I can't even imagine what I would go through... And yeah, I'm with Jenn on this one - those owners should burn in hell.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 am

I can only hope that Loki lives this long and in be in good spirits and health. It is people (the old owners) like that that make me lose faith in humanity. But then the rescuers bring it back up. Thank god for selfless people. I could only imagine how many pets on here wouldn't be around due to rescues.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:21 pm

UndarthAngipoo wrote:
I wish my dog could live as long as I did... only had him in my house for just over a year and I can't even imagine what I would go through... And yeah, I'm with Jenn on this one - those owners should burn in hell.

Agreed. She lived to be 17 years old. At that point, you would think that her owners would be happy for her and have a long bonded trust. Nope. They'll get their karma someday...

I'm so glad she has a new home to live her final years!
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Just like some people shouldn't have kids....some shouldn't have pets!
Back to top Go down
cbjnick
Newborn
Newborn
cbjnick

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I'd give anything to have my husky live that long...some people amaze me.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Ok, that made me cry. Having 4 senior pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) in my house is a lot but I do what I can to keep them healthy so I have them as long as possible. I wish my lab walked that good, he has a lot of troubles and just seems content spending his golden years cuddling with us. But we will keep cuddling with him as long as he is happy and we can keep him relatively healthy.

Thank you to the volunteers who helped her and all the other animals in need!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Can´t watch the vid from Germany :-(.
People like that would sell their own mother if they get an advantage from it, hell is even to good for them.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Oh my goodness look at her run at the end of the video...how sweet! I'm so glad that they found her a home to spend her final years in with people who actually CARE about her. I would do anything to have my babies live that long and to be doing that well at 17!
Back to top Go down
senorvega
Newborn
Newborn
senorvega

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:54 pm

wow 17 years old? Amazing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

17 year old husky Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 year old husky   17 year old husky Empty

Back to top Go down

17 year old husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1