It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Newson
Puppy
Puppy
Laura Newson

Female Join date : 2011-12-03

Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent) Empty
PostSubject: Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent)   Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 am

Hi All
I dont know the status at moment about these two huskies but they are going to a high kill shelter if no one can help them. This came through twenty paws rescue from facebook page " I love siberian huskies" group. I feel so sorry for these poor babies. I do hope some help is out there for them and its not too late.

I cant help from Aus but maybe someone else can see below link if you have facebook or go to twenty paws if you can help.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/twentypawsrescue

***URGENT OWNER SURRENDER***SIBLINGS GO TO A SHELTER IN ONE WEEK
We were emailed by the owner of these two huskies telling us he is moving and they are NOT coming with him. He told me directly they have not been given the care and love the...y need for years. TPR is FULL and we do not have a place to keep these angels Sheika and Browly. We can’t prevent them from going to the shelter without a foster home it’s as real as it gets. They will be in a shelter in one week without help. These dogs were forced to live outside for years. What we know this far they will need training to learn to be normal house dogs. They have NOT been around cats and have been around other dogs very little. All vetting will be taken care of by us. We need a foster in RI, NJ, PA area. A fenced in yard is a must. STATS ON THE DOGS: Sheika-6 year’s old 45-50 pounds female Browly-5 year’s old 45-50 pounds male more attached the female Unfortunately, both dogs have lived outside for awhile so they will need some patience and training in several areas but are easily adaptable, the owner told me flat out he neglected them by not training them, loving them, and excising them enough. The dogs have slept in doors and they can coexist fine in doors. These dogs are currently in PA but can be transported to above states. Please email us ONLY if you intend to help the entire way through. Our email is twentypawsrescue@gmail.com -
Back to top Go down
Laura Newson
Puppy
Puppy
Laura Newson

Female Join date : 2011-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent)   Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent) EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:20 am

Just letting people I checked status. These two huskies desperately need adoption of fostering. Not much time left before they go to a kill shelter.

Twenty Paws told me so they havent had any help to find someone for the two dogs.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent)   Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:15 am

I wish I could help, but due to my age and other factors I can't really be of much assistance.

However there is a no kill animal sanctuary down the street from where I live (I'm going to volunteer there) named Our Companions. We live in CT which is right next to RI so we're in the area. I'll link you to their website and hopefully they can help find someone to adopt these guys:

http://ourcompanions.org/index.htm

I know that they have limited space, but maybe they'll be able to take them in if worst comes to worst. I wish I could do more but this is the best I can do in my current state. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent)   Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent) Empty

Back to top Go down

Two huskies need foster carers or adoption (Urgent)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1