It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky in Philippines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

Male Join date : 2013-04-23

Husky in Philippines Empty
PostSubject: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi. Im Von and a lot like you guys i also own and love huskies.
I just adopted Rylai a month ago, she's 4 months old now and it is my first time to adopt a Siberian Husky.
Can you please give me some tips or ideas on how to take good care of her here in the Philippines ?
thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Congrats and welcome! I found that this forum is full of great advice. Just browse the different categories and threads. If you have any specific questions ask away!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Welcome, and congrats on your new puppy. What questions do you have ?? I believe there is another member here that lives in the Philippines. If you have questions about the heat in the Philippines many of us in USA have huskies in very warm states.. There are several threads on this with many suggestions on how to keep huskies cool in the heat.

One big thing is DO NOT SHAVE a HUSKY the double coat keep them cool in the heat as well as warm in the cold weather.
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Thank you for welcoming me Smile
..How often should I bathe Rylai ?
,,and another thing about the profile. How can i put pictures in my profile ? Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 am

I guess you figured out how to add pictures to your profile. Such a cutie Rylani is. You can start a scrapbook with pictures as Rylai grows up. As for bathing I only do it about 3 or 4 times a year but mine are not puppies being you have a puppy I would do it as needed. Huskies seem to be self cleaning most of the time or so mine are. I have one that is a little digger she just love to and comes back in the house always with brown dirty paws and two hours later they are clean.
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:59 am

I see.
The person who sold Rylai to me told me that I should at least bathe her like 3 times a week because of the warm/hot climate here in the Philippines. Well I guess his wrong Smile.

Will this warm/hot climate affect her fluffy coat when she grows up?
Any advice on how to make her coat fluffy and healthy ?

Thanks for the advice Linda Smile Very much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am

Alot of us who have huskies in hot humid climates set up a kiddie pool in the back yard and let they play in it in the heat. I don't think the heat will make much difference in the fluffy fur. I do think that they will develop a lighter coat being that you are in a warmer coat. I really can't add much information on how the coats changes from puppy to adult I got both of mine as adults they are rescues.
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh i see.
I will do some alternative ways to make a kiddie pool like thing, hehe Smile

Thank you so much for the advice Linda. Thank you. Thank you :

GOD BLESS YOU
By the way, those two Sibe of yours are beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Von look at a couple of these threads that are from within this site they might help

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4527-keeping-cool?highlight=cool

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7772-keep-cool-in-summer?highlight=cool

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7167-keeping-husky-cool-in-summer-months-in-australia?highlight=cool
Since he is from that area I am sure he will adapt and do well. I would assume that you got him locally. Also besides the pool try ice cubes or ice blocks, make sure there is shade and a breeze you could do a dog house or some type of covered area if you do not have natural shade. Every husky seems different some like outside in the warm to "sun bathe" some hate it and stay in on the air conditioning vent. Some lay in the bath tub or the tile floor compared to carpet to cool others dig in dirt for a "underground" cooling effect. Keep him well groomed as then his coat will be appropraite for the weather you are in. (He will shed it to a lighter coat.) Their top coat will help keep them cool and keep them from getting burned Of course cool water is necessary. You could hose him down if you do not have a kiddie pool or take him to the river/lake/ beach leashed of course.

HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Psst I belive there are two owners that currently or used to live in the Philippines with their huskies on here. Hopefully they wil chime in to help.
Maybe search the word Philippines on the forumn.

vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Okay Colleen, copy that Smile
Rylai is always sleeping inside my room though, ^^

Thank you for the advice and link
GOD BLESS
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 pm

What is the best dog food for husky pups ??
I bought Eagle and I think she likes it. Is Eagle ok ?
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 am

I think Eagle is good, look at dogfoodadvisor.com and try for a four or five star food. (I think Eagle is that).
Bourbon just started sleeping at my feet in bed (we have two others) he kicked the others off the bed it seems. I like having a dog sleep in bed w us Smile glad Rylai can stay inside and sleep with you!

ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:26 am

vonoobs14 wrote:

By the way, those two Sibe of yours are beautiful Smile

Thanks, I got the darker one Blaze from someone on Craigslist he was 9 months old.

The lighter one is Kerianseray or keri for short she was a rescue in a shelter at 2 years old.

Colleen gave you some great links to help you with some of your questions.

Rylai is so cute I look forward to seeing pictures of Rylai growing up.

There is tons of information on the site on Sibes
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:15 pm

How many times should I feed her everyday ?
Lately, I've been feeding her 2 times a day for 1 1/2 per cup meal .
Is this Ok ?

That's great Linda Smile
I am looking forward to own a husky that looks like yours and Colleen.
I would probably go for a male so that Rylai would have a partner Laughing
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

vonoobs14 wrote:
How many times should I feed her everyday ?
Lately, I've been feeding her 2 times a day for 1 1/2 per cup meal .
Is this Ok ?

That's great Linda Smile
I am looking forward to own a husky that looks like yours and Colleen.
I would probably go for a male so that Rylai would have a partner Laughing

Being she is so young you might feed her 3 times a day for a few months maybe a cup at each feeding.

I hope if you get a male you do not plan on breeding your pups.. spay and neuter is the best way to go there are so many dogs that are in shelters and alot die there cause no one wants them.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Feeding depends on the calories in the food. My vet said a young pup is feed three times a day about 2-3 cups at start then after 3 mo we were at four cups a day later months but he is abig boy from the start (1300 calories) so she should be less. Theory is until a pup is 6 mo it needs lots of food so can feed her three times with a dayand if she she does not finish then food then she does not need that much food.I would think 3 cups a day works. The dog food bag will probably give you a good guess on feeding...might give a little less then they say. Dogfoodadvisor might have a dog food calculator.
Love her picture

vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Ok copy that !
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky in Philippines   Husky in Philippines Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky in Philippines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1