It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Breeder Info - Southern California

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sackman1886
Newborn
Newborn
Sackman1886

Female Join date : 2012-10-16

Breeder Info - Southern California Empty
PostSubject: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am

Has anyone had any experience with Echo Call Siberian Huskies??? They are located in Perris, CA. I am always looking around for breeders in the area, and I stumbled on this one. http://www.finnseeker.com/Index1.html

Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 am

6 litters available at once? That screams puppy mill.

Edit: well one place says 6, one says 4. Either way, that's too much.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 am

I agree that four litters at one time is really really fishy.

I don't have experience with them, but something isn't right with that website. Too many photos, too many flashy things. It's like they are relying on some dogs being champions and not on what breeding should be about. It's like the bright neon sign that says "Look over here!" while they are doing something bad behind the scenes (like having four litters at once).

When I see a breeder's website, I want to see OFA and CERF scores. I want to see pictures of their dogs and perhaps some explanations about an upcoming litter and the whys. Pictures or lists of their titles (work or show) are important, but that's not ALL it should be.

I can't say anything good about them other than they are trying to prove their dogs, but I don't know anything about their ethics or practices.

Breeder Info - Southern California Hailey10
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 am

I wouldn't go to this breeder - they are notorious for not taking responsibility for their dogs. Just recently, one dog ended up in rescue and they wouldn't claim it.

There are many kinds of mills in the dog world... that is a show mill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 am

The thing that stood out to me the most about their website was "CHAMPION SIRED!!". Nine times out of ten, that is NEVER a good sign. People who rely on that to be a major selling point you should stay far away from.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 am

I wouldn't say CH sired is bad, CH lines is worse. Sired implies that Dad was a CH which may not be a bad thing...In this case, the dog may very well be nice, but that doesn't mean he or she is being bred for the right reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:14 am

My point was that if you have to put that all over your homepage on your breeding website, you probably don't have much else going for your breeding program. While it's good to have champion sired litters, that shouldn't be the only thing to advertise about your litters. To me that seemed off. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 am

It's not just you. I totally understand what you mean. But, even good breeders use that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 am

Ahh yes. Okay I gotcha. I guess it's just trying to straighten out the CH sired vs CH lines Suspect .
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:25 am

That's easy - if the pedigree isn't listed, you can't find it or if there are champions in the 3rd generation or further, you may have a BYB or mill. lol
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 am

Well whenever I read CH sired I automatically think of how everyone says to stay away from people who use CH LINES as a selling point, because that usually means the CH was like 3+ generations back. I am too skeptical!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am

Can't be too skeptical in the puppy world. Wink
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 am

I'm pretty sure this is why Rijeka came from (for all you oldies), and we all know she was sick for about a year before J got her clear.

So, obviously, look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:31 am

Heather! wrote:
I'm pretty sure this is why Rijeka came from (for all you oldies), and we all know she was sick for about a year before J got her clear.
Wow... Haven't thought of them in forever. Wonder how they are doing! And I thought the breeder's name sounded familiar.

Breeder Info - Southern California Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 pm

"Oldies" huh? Well in that case I don't remember Jake and Rijeka at all. Razz

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Listen to Megan! She knows of what she speaks, and it has been corroborated by those in the reputable breeder world. Thank you for properly researching before buying a puppy, it's so important - especially in Southern California where we are overrun with disreputable breeders and are left to clean up their mess in the rescue world.

I'm not familiar with any reputable breeders in this area (I live here too), but maybe visit Husky Camp rescue this weekend at their adoption event and ask Chuck or Jon (the founders). They are very familiar with all the reputable breeders in the area, the show world, etc and open to speaking about ethical breeders. They also know which supposedly reputable breeders won't take back their dogs and won't recommend those.

Have fun and good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sackman1886
Newborn
Newborn
Sackman1886

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 am

hollywoodhuskies wrote:

I'm not familiar with any reputable breeders in this area (I live here too), but maybe visit Husky Camp rescue this weekend at their adoption event and ask Chuck or Jon (the founders). They are very familiar with all the reputable breeders in the area, the show world, etc and open to speaking about ethical breeders. They also know which supposedly reputable breeders won't take back their dogs and won't recommend those.

Thanks for the recommendation! Where is that event??? I would LOVE to go there. Kaya just turned 2, and I would love to get a little brother for her.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 am

DId you look at Paragon or Kaniska?

Last edited by mheath0429 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sackman1886
Newborn
Newborn
Sackman1886

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 am

The Petco in Anaheim on Euclid? That's like 30 mins from us! Not bad...
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:53 am

Hi Shaun! It changes every week - this weekend it's here:

Sunday- February 10, 2013
Petco of Brea
in Brea, CA
Adoptions 10:00 until 2:30
2500 Imperial Hwy

Tell them Frosti and Chili say hi! wave
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 am

I actually looked into them when we were first looking for a puppy and I didn't like their website. I hadn't joined here yet, was just in the process of looking and it just didn't feel right when I looked at it. Good thing I had a bad feeling...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeder Info - Southern California   Breeder Info - Southern California Empty

Back to top Go down

Breeder Info - Southern California

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1