It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy Poop Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Read all the other poop related posts thoroughly and couldn't find what I needed.

So, Kingsley is 9 weeks old today. He weighs about 7-8 lbs and we feed him 2.5-3 cups of kibble a day mixed with a spoonful of wet food.

We have him on this schedule where we take him out every 2 hours. Sometimes we +/-30 minutes depending on how recently he ate.

My question is how many times a day is a PUPPY supposed to poop? I see that adult huskies tend to be around the 2x or 3x mark.

I fed his lunch at 12pm and now it's 2:20pm and he still hasn't gone. What the heck, man!

We were outside for about 45 minutes. He peed immediately and then lead me to the front door to go back inside. He would scratch at the door and whine. About like 7 times, I'd pick him up and carry him to the complete opposite and far side of the yard. Still no poop.

I have never screamed "PLEASE, JUST POOOOOOOP!" so many times in my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Took me a while to figure out Lucian's poop schedule. Sometimes he would go before breakfast in the morning, and sometimes afterwards. He does poop roughly 3 times a day though. He's gone a couple times in the house, even right after I had him outside. You just have to watch them like a hawk, and look for the signs they might have to go.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Ive had koda for 4 days now and he is 8 weeks old and he poops about 3 times a day. He weighs 11.6lbs and just eats dry kibble.. The first day i had him though he only pooped once and that was before bed time after i already had him for about 12 hours.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks guys.

I feel like Kingsley is on the small side. On 1/7 (two months exactly), he weighed something like 7 lbs. Is that tiny?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 pm

At 2 months Korra was about 11lbs.
I had the hardest time getting Korra to just freaking POO when she first got home. Then it seemed like she was pooping like 5 times a day! Shocked But not like full poos, just a bit. Then she learned to poop a little, move, and poop a little again. For some reason she doesn't do it all at one go. (This was all on the same food as at the breeders.)
Now she poops in the morning and night, sometimes mid-day. I think it might just take some time for Kingsley to adjust?
Korra also poos more regularly on raw (but raw is expensive because I'm feeding raw kibble things. I'll probably switch over to kibble, unfortunately Sad I don't trust myself with real raw. I can't even touch raw chicken, it freaks me out haha.) I digress..as always..

Oh! Does anyone else's husky sniff while they poo?? At first I thought she was just looking to see what's going on back there, but then I realized she really takes a good whiff scratch She doesn't eat poo or anything, just likes to smell it as it's coming out..... Okay, sorry. TMI. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this perplexing behavior.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Lucian was only 7.5lbs when he was a few days over 8 weeks old. They all vary in weight. I worried about Lucian too, but he's almost 40lbs now at 5 months old. He more than doubled his weight in the first month I had him. He was 17lbs by 3 months old.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Puppies shouldn't be pooping more than 4x a day.

Puppy Poop Thread Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Niraya wrote:
Puppies shouldn't be pooping more than 4x a day.

Yeah...it worried me a little bit, I called my vet and did a stool sample. She was fine, I think it was more of a getting distracted mid-poo issue. She wasn't making full poops. Now she's learned to actually do her business all at once, lol.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 am

Lucian sniffs his right after he's done for some odd reason. I can't imagine why he would want to smell it, it stinks! confused He does it just about every time too. Finishes up, turns around, takes a wiff, and than walks off. The face he makes is funny too, like he's saying in his head "whew, that stinks!" lol.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Keyda81 wrote:
Lucian sniffs his right after he's done for some odd reason. I can't imagine why he would want to smell it, it stinks! confused He does it just about every time too. Finishes up, turns around, takes a wiff, and than walks off. The face he makes is funny too, like he's saying in his head "whew, that stinks!" lol.

lol this made me chuckle. Juneau doesn't do that, but Haku does it right off the press and I'm like, "Yes, you pooped and yes, it stinks". lol He does it every time!
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Nikko is a very particular pooper. He will only go in my back yard area on the mulch. If we go out for the day, he holds in it and will NOT go, and as soon as we get back home he takes a big poop. And if I don’t pick it up the next time he goes outside he will take his nose and bury the pile with the mulch. Not too helpful since I can’t find it! He will usually go 2-3 times per day

Yukon on the other hand will poop wherever! As soon as we start on our walk we will make it a block away before he stops to poop. It doesn’t matter if he just went an hour ago, he will go again! Even going to PetSmart is a challenge because he will want to poop there too! But none in the house thank god! When I first got Yukon he pooped like 8-9 times per day. I took him to the vet and she did give him some antibiotics and it seemed to work, although they didn’t find anything wrong. Now I would say he goes about 4-5 times a day.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Mishka is the same way so far. He will poop what seems like a few hours after he eats whereas I see tons of people saying their pup poops within 30 minutes or so. He will pee when I take him out but poo is another story. Last night I was out for like 45-60 minutes at 2am waiting to him to go. I'm glad I waited because he had to poo eventually.

I hate to take his food away from him if he's not really eating much of it. He's 8 1/2 weeks old and 14lbs. Today was his second full day home and he maybe ate 1 3/4 cups of food today. :/ His first vet visit was today and they took a stool sample. I'm not entirely sure if him eating like this is normal. I don't want him eating after a certain time if he's going to take forever to poo and end up doing it at 3am every night. -_-

Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Peaches poops at least 2x a day. She's 8 weeks old and is 11 lbs. She will usually eat and then not poop for 3-4 hours.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 pm

My girl is 4 months old and she has never pooped 20 minutes after she eats like they say, always hours later. We always have to get up and go out between 4am - 6am for one poop then eats at 7, sometimes poops in the afternoon (well after lunch) and then will go again before we go to bed around 9pm. Oh and can I mention we are officially potty trained as of a week ago! No more accidents, at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HermesHaven
Newborn
Newborn
HermesHaven

Female Join date : 2013-01-28

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:36 pm

My puppy mishka is the same she doesn't poop until hours after eating. My 16 month old male sibe is the same way, usually once or twice a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puppy Poop Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Poop Thread   Puppy Poop Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Poop Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1