It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another Empty
PostSubject: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello to all! I'm new to the site, but not to Huskies. My first dog was a Husky named Jewel and I had her for nearly 14 years until she recently lost her two year battle with cancer. She was a sweet girl who gave me many fond memories and I wish I didn't have to say goodbye.
Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another DSC_0021_zpse288e037

Now I want to introduce Kavik, the 8 and a 1/2 week old puppy. He's a parti-eyed, dirty faced agouti pup who's been home for two days now. He was shipped from a breeder in another state, which was a bit nerve-wracking for a number of reasons, and I could hear him howling in the cargo bay before I saw him. The moment he saw me he wagged his tail and licked my hand through the crate.

He's super friendly and is a happy little terror who tries to eat everything. I play him ragged before he crashes for a power nap every couple of hours. He's learning what not to chew, but still potties everywhere because he doesn't know any better yet. I'm also trying crate training for the first time since I will be taking him to an apartment when school starts. So far he has pretty bad separation anxiety, screaming any time I leave him alone. The first night, even when I was in the same room, he howled up a storm in his crate. Last night he was able to sleep in it quietly (I still stayed in the room) for the first time after playing with him around it for a bit.
Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another IMG_0503_zps84c20718
Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another IMG_0515_zps63084376
Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another IMG_0517_zpsd248c8f3

I love Siberian Huskies; they are such cat-dogs, independent and full of energy. I look forward to reading through the forums and showing off my pup as he grows.

Last edited by Kavik_the_Havoc on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buddywoof
Newborn
Newborn
Buddywoof

Male Join date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 pm

welcome. he sure looks beautiful. will be looking forward to your updates of kavik!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Welcome, so sorry about Jewel. Sad

Kavik is quite the handsome boy. Can't wait to watch him grow and all his coat changes!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Aw, rest in peace Jewel. She looks like such a sweetheart.
Kavik is super handsome! Loove his coat. Can't wait to hear more stories and see lots of pictures!
Back to top Go down
Rigbyjek
Puppy
Puppy
Rigbyjek

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Sorry to hear about Jewel Sad Kavik is cute, make sure you keep us updated with pictures as he grows! (It'll help keep puppy fever at bay!) LOL
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 pm

He is the cutest thing agouti pup I think I've ever laid eyes on! I'll be looking forward to seeing how he is going to grow an change!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:36 pm

He is absolutely gorgeous. Looks full of mischief!
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:35 am

Oh he looks like such a cutie! Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 am

So sorry about Jewel :[ But oh gosh he's adorable, welcome!!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 3:03 am

So sorry to hear about Jewel, that is such a hard thing.

Kavik is SO cute though. Oh my goodness. I can't even handle it. LOVE the dirty faces.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:15 am

OMG I'm such a sucker for unique colorations. I love his snow boot paws Smile

Kavik_the_Havoc wrote:
I love Siberian Huskies; they are such cat-dogs, independent and full of energy.

Haha, I've always been a hardcore cat person myself. I never even considered getting a dog until I met the Siberian Husky. They really are cat dogs! Full of affection and stubborn terror, all wrapped up in a cute fluffy package.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you everyone for your condolences for Jewel, she was very special to me.

And yes, Kavik is a little cutie full of mischief and energy. I know he's going to turn out to be a handsome husky. I was drawn to his unique looks right off the bat, and he has the best personality and smarts to match.
Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another IMG_0516_zps0ff252b5
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Very sorry for your loss.

Kavik is adorable! I'm a sucker for dirty faced sibes.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 am

Oh my gosh, isnt he darling, makes me want to squeeze him through the screen Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:58 am

He looks adorable and full of mischief! I absolutely love agoutis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another   Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another Empty

Back to top Go down

Saying Goodbye to One and Hello to Another

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1