It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

big knots below Juno's ears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ember breaze
Newborn
Newborn
ember breaze

big knots below Juno's ears Empty
PostSubject: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 pm

i want to let you guys know that the reason she hasnt been to our vet yet, is because he is out of town but will be back in town in a few days Very Happy so she will be waiting on his door steps then!!! i just wanted to see if any of you other husky lovers have ever ran into this issue before with your furry kids.

1. there is one on each side and exactly the same size and shape.
2. they are as round in the middle like a golf ball n as hard but are shaped like a diamond. i hope that made sense lol. think in 3D.
3. they are right below her ear, n at the very top of her neck.

im not sure if its her lymphnoids or not. she hasnt been acting sick. she is eating good, playing just fine with our other two huskies. she is 10 months old and is up to date with all her shots n worming meds n such. i found the knots yesterday n about had a heart attack!!!! after i found them, i felt of Nala and Zeke to make sure that Juno's was different and she was.......thanks guys for you time and opinions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah not lymph nodes, bumps are never good it could be many things, definitely get her in a vet ASAP
Back to top Go down
ember breaze
Newborn
Newborn
ember breaze

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 am

thank you so much Jennet for responding. i called my vet and they will be opened wednesday morning at 8:30 and we will be there unless she starts acting different. ive been watching her very close since finding them.
Back to top Go down
ember breaze
Newborn
Newborn
ember breaze

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 am

you know if she starts acting different or sick, then i will take her to an emergency vet clinic. we have one about an hour from us that should be open during christmas.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:07 am

Hope it's nothing bad Smile
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm

That it is bilateral and uniform makes me think it's probably nothing too terribly serious. Are they fleshy?

I found a knot behind Nanook's elbow the other day, but it turned out to just be yet another clump of undercoat getting ready to shed.
Back to top Go down
ember breaze
Newborn
Newborn
ember breaze

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:25 pm

no they are not fleshy Sad they feel solid n hard. its weird how they suddenly appeared ya know....
Back to top Go down
ember breaze
Newborn
Newborn
ember breaze

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 am

i wanted to let everyone know that i got great news on Juno today!!!!!! the "knots" that were on Juno were actually her neck bones lol. the reason i could feel them is that her neck is just a little skinny bc she is still little young and as she gets bigger and puts on fat, you wont be able to feel them as well. the vet drew me a pic of what the back bone looks like where it attaches to the skull and where those "knots" are. they are shaped like bat wings and one side is slightly bigger than the other. he said its probably genetic but nothing to worry about and she is healthy otherwise. just put about 5 pounds on her and she will be perfect!!!! so i am over the moon that all the worrying i have been doing was over her neck bones. but i would rather been feeling a little silly today than feeling sad that it was something terrible another day ya know. i love my husky babies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ember breaze
Newborn
Newborn
ember breaze

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 am

thank you very much Eresh and Jennet for your comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 am

Yay!! I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: big knots below Juno's ears   big knots below Juno's ears Empty

Back to top Go down

big knots below Juno's ears

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1