It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What kind of Camera?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What camera do you have??   What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Everyone takes such great pictures, I must know what kind of camera everyone uses. I may be on the hunt for a new one soon.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:17 pm

:-) Thank you...very informative.
Back to top Go down
Jo
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Oh this topic makes me shiver in terror. HAHAHA...my daughter was on a quest for a nice camera, at a decent price. She bought and returned four of them before finally finding the Nikon Coolpix. It is not a big fancy camera, but it takes wonderful pictures. With active dogs around here it is good at capturing in motion.
Back to top Go down
MattnSparty311
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't have any fancy camera except for my iphone 5's camera. However, I just recently purchased sony's version of the gopro HD mini video camera. I have a head strap for it and took it with me for a hike. The quality is amazing! I'm definitely thinking of putting it on a few times or just using it period while playing with Spartacus from now on!
Back to top Go down
ChillyBeach
Teenager
Teenager
ChillyBeach

Male Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Used to take photos with the iPhone, but just got a Cannon EOS-M a few days ago and love it!
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:08 am

Kick wrote:

To be honest, most DSLRs are the same, it's the lenses and skill that make a difference.

Perfectly written. It's all on the lenses and alot of practice.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:30 am

Nikon D5000. I love Nikon. As it says in the other thread though, it takes practice. I've had it for 4 years now and I'm still learning new things. I really wish I had a macro lens. I have some filters that work for so/so work, but I'm hoping I can afford some good lenses someday.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:08 am

Nicole- check out Sigma lenses for your Nikon. Same quality but not the same price as the Nikor lenses

I have a Nikon D-300s and primarily use a Sigma 70-200mm 2.8f lens with a lot of success. I've had the camera for about 3-4 years now and always trying new things!
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

Male Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 am

Canon 60D, the best lens I have atm is my 50mm prime.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:32 am

I shoot with a Canon 60D. I have a Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L USM lens that I primarily use, but my little 50mm f/1.8 II is the best $100 I ever spent. I want to get an 85mm prime, but I haven't been able to save up for one that I really want yet.

bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 am

I've shot with my dad's 85 prime and I like it a lot. Very good for portraits (esp outside given the focal length... little hard to use inside lol). Of primes (non L) the 50 and 85 are probably two of the best lenses for the money. IMHO at least. I'm currently saving for my first L, so it'll probably be a bit before I get it.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 am

^ I completely agree. My mom went out and bought a Nikon DSLR (I forget which model, since I'm a Canon girl) and despite it being a good camera and making good images, they always come out terrible. It's definitely all about actually putting time into your camera and learning the actual art/skills it takes to be a good photographer.

Any camera can make good images, it's the person behind the lens who makes amazing images.

simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:49 am

I did tons of research before I settled on the 17-40mm f/4L. I use it for my "everyday" lens. It's a great piece of glass, but like all zoom lenses it has it's drawbacks in aperture. It's definitely much better than the kit lens that I got with my 350D (Rebel XT) back in 2004-2005, which is what I got it to replace.

I still have a lot of lenses I'd like to add to my camera bag, but unfortunately for me photography has become a back burner hobby.

olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:53 am

Canon 5d mk II & canon 7d (mostly the 5d though), my current lens collection consists of the canon 35 1.4L, 50 1.2L, and 70-200 2.8L... getting the macro 100 2.0L soon Smile super excited.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 am

couldn't agree with you more Ashleigh. People are amazed of what I can photograph with an iphone. Lol!!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 am

Merged Topics Wink

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm hoping to get my own camera in a couple years, not sure if i should go Canon or Nikon though. I played with a Nikon D80 and i loved it, that was a lot different then the Konica Minolta. It's getting old and starting to act up a bit too. Sad 
Back to top Go down
bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:26 pm

I've heard it really comes down to personal preference. I've heard that nikon has better menus, but canon's bodies tend to be better. I'm not sure on the glass comparisons, though I'd imagine that they are comperable (or you could skip out on brand glass and go third-party). Personally I'd just recommend going into a camera shop like DODD and physically playing with both brands in the same bracket range you're looking at (including the different lenses you might get) and go from there. Just my $.02
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:38 pm

bttlsgtmajor wrote:
I've heard it really comes down to personal preference. I've heard that nikon has better menus, but canon's bodies tend to be better. I'm not sure on the glass comparisons, though I'd imagine that they are comperable (or you could skip out on brand glass and go third-party). Personally I'd just recommend going into a camera shop like DODD and physically playing with both brands in the same bracket range you're looking at (including the different lenses you might get) and go from there. Just my $.02
I'll probably do that, there is a place around here where you can rent out camera's and i was looking into that.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Nicole- check out Sigma lenses for your Nikon.  Same quality but not the same price as the Nikor lenses

I have a Nikon D-300s and primarily use a Sigma 70-200mm 2.8f lens with a lot of success.  I've had the camera  for about 3-4 years now and always trying new things!

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. I have an 18-55 mm right now. It works ok, but most of the pics I take tend to be close-up macro shots. I just love taking a small detail shot of a larger more intricate object. I guess I take a lot of landscapes too, and pics of dogs and animals. I'm not really in to people photography... Any advise on what lens(es) would be best for my use?
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Crap, my hunt for a good camera must wait...vacuum took a dump... new hunt starts.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm

CavingSiberian wrote:

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. I have an 18-55 mm right now. It works ok, but most of the pics I take tend to be close-up macro shots. I just love taking a small detail shot of a larger more intricate object. I guess I take a lot of landscapes too, and pics of dogs and animals. I'm not really in to people photography... Any advise on what lens(es) would be best for my use?

My 70-200mm is a macro and I find it's been the most versatile lens I've purchased. I can take distance/scenery as well as detailed 'artsy' close ups. Being a f/2.8 it operates even on lower lighting levels and takes amazing action shots. For nature shots I have a Sigma 150-500mm lens to bring that wildlife 'closer', my biggest regret with that lens is it's a f/5-6.5 which means it doesn't do well as the light fades. The next one I want is a Sigma 18-250mm for the closer shots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 pm

simplify wrote:
I shoot with a Canon 60D. I have a Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L USM lens that I primarily use, but my little 50mm f/1.8 II is the best $100 I ever spent. I want to get an 85mm prime, but I haven't been able to save up for one that I really want yet.

Simplify, did you flew to California, broke into my house and took my photography equipment?

I too have the Canon 17-40L and a 50mm 1.4 (1.8 is the best bang for the buck though, for bokeh 1.4 > 1.Cool.

I know we have a "instagram" thread, but if you have ID's for solely your photography, I would like to follow. Despite not taking pics in over a year, I learn a lot from seeing others's pictures as it gives me ideas to incorporate on my photos.
Back to top Go down
bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 pm

all I have ids my photobucket account really. though I'm a bit lazy in updating it, but you're welcome to look around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Camera?    What kind of Camera?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of Camera?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next