It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Petsmart Santa Photos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Petsmart Santa Photos Empty
PostSubject: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Has anyone taken their pet to Petsmart for a photo with Santa? Were you happy with it? I'm considering taking Saber there on Saturday for his first ever photo with Santa. I know I'm not going to get perfection there, I'm just looking for something halfway decent. I don't know of any other place that does Santa pics with pets.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Not only have I taken my dogs to get pics, I've played Santa several years as well. I do it because it supports rescue. They always try to take multiple shots and get you the best picture, at least here, but it's up to the volunteers doing the photo shoot and how cooperative the animal is. I wouldn't expect much, here it's only $10 and $5 goes to the rescue.

Also the backgrounds provided by Petsmart can be very cheesy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm

It's the same here, $10. And I have seen some of the backgrounds Petsmart has had in previous years, definitely cheesy and a little cheap looking. But hey, for $10 I'm not expecting miracles! I don't know how cooperative he'll be. He's good with people, but this is a different situation for him to be in. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm

since money goes to a rescue we do it every year and every year they never look that great but hey they are always a good laugh, if you can bring a friend to take pics with your camera in hopes of getting a better shot then the one the rescue is doing its worth it. she it when you do

Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Mine didn't turn out well because our Dachshund was scared of Santa so I had to hold her down Razz but i'm bringing Luna on Saturday, hopefully she's not scared!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Here in the Buffalo, NY area the local Greyhound Rescue had done a photo session and the guy that does it has always been phenomenal. Usually used the photo for the xmas card but this year just decided to try something new. But will still have the picture taken of the pups.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 pm

I got one last year for the first time and mine was very nice. The print obviously could have been better quality but it isn't like they're going to use hitech paper all things considered.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Theres a pet store right near me that is doing the same thing on Dec 8, I am going to attempt to get a photo of Balon and Ruby the lab. Should be interesting lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm

We took Blaze last year they took two shots before getting one we liked. They let us keep both. I said something about taking them this year but... John is a bit upset with one of the trainers at the local petsmart here and he does want to go back there. So we have been going to Petco for doggie stuff.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm

I took Saber to get his photo today. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. (I had to take a picture of the picture since the scanner won't work so some of the quality got lost.)

Petsmart Santa Photos 00112

I wish I had fixed his santa collar so it was covering his tags but I didn't even notice until after the fact. I also wish his ears weren't back but that's not anyone's fault. Saber kept looking all over and the photographer and I kept calling his name until he finally looked at us and this was the very first picture taken. All in all, very happy with this one for $10!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:31 pm

That's a really cute picture!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 pm

LOL I had Embry and Zoeys done a few days after we got Zoey, it was so bad lol.
Petsmart Santa Photos 556673_4018311103868_711918093_n

The guy who was santa is a pretty big help out our local shelter, and he loves huskies. He has a Mal. His picture with Embry and Zoey is almost always his facebook profile picture Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Today's Santa pic.
Had the kidz switch positions this year so it didn't look like 2010 & 2011 all over again. Wanted to remove Adobo's red eye but with recent updates I seem to have lost the ability to do it now. Love Biko's little "Pierre" mustache.

Petsmart Santa Photos Santapic2012

Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Aw, I still thinks it's a cute photo, Jennet! Their expressions are priceless, especially Zoey's!

Len, I'm jealous! That's a great pic!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:09 pm

I wish I could get a picture of Blaze and Kerian with Santa. John is not sure we need to do it.

Len I love your picture.

Zoey and Emery look really cute in that picture.
Back to top Go down
tcarp916
Puppy
Puppy
tcarp916

Female Join date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:18 pm

We're taking Carolina to go see Santa Claws at Petsmart tomorrow! I'm excited to see how it goes, she's gotten much friendlier to people and other dogs in the last few months.

Here4thePics wrote:
Love Biko's little "Pierre" mustache.

Len, Carolina has the same mustache as well!
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Your pictures are great! Ours always suck, but I still do it anyway for tradition's sake.

First year - Santa was afraid of Ava. Keep in mind that at this point, Ava was like 8 months old.
Second year - Pretty good picture, but I had to sit behind Ava in the picture and hold her still because there was a puppy she really really wanted to play with.
Last year - I did the pics with our Santa at work (we have a shot clinic each month, but have free food and Santa pictures in December). Well, Ava remembered Evan-Santa from a few nail trims and she was absolutely not having it. She looks terrified of him, even though Evan's one of the nicest people that I work with...
I have high hopes for this year...
Back to top Go down
alpine
Newborn
Newborn
alpine

Male Join date : 2012-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Petsmart Santa Photos Piner10

Took Alpine today. The money goes to shelters so it was well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:39 pm

We went today... Cally just barked at the santa so I had to be in the picture with her. She really didn't like santa lol

Petsmart Santa Photos 577997_10151332170135610_465739914_n
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Omg Len, Biko's face is amazing! He looks so shocked and surprised !
I love them all, super jealous we don't have a pet santa
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Kelly, the shocked look is from the assistant using a squeaker toy and a shaker type gobbler call to attract their attention. Works EVERY year.

Robin, the 1st thing I noticed was Santa keeping distance I knew one or the other wasn't to keen on the other.
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

Female Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Today's Santa pic.
Had the kidz switch positions this year so it didn't look like 2010 & 2011 all over again. Wanted to remove Adobo's red eye but with recent updates I seem to have lost the ability to do it now. Love Biko's little "Pierre" mustache.

Petsmart Santa Photos Santapic2012

theres a website called picmonkey.com thats for editing photos. its free and is very good! theres a red eye remover on there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Len, send me the photo in email and I'll make it all pretty for you heatherleanne@gmail.com Smile

I am trying to see if the Petsmart back home will be doing photos while we are ere since the pups will be getting groomed there.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 pm

I forgot they were doing the Santa pictures this weekend but I had to go to Petsmart anyway, and by luck I had Ghost with me. So Ghost got to get her picture taken too:

Petsmart Santa Photos GhostSanta

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Petsmart Santa Photos 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Heather! wrote:
Len, send me the photo in email and I'll make it all pretty for you.

Shoot meant to ask about leash removal if possible when I sent the pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petsmart Santa Photos   Petsmart Santa Photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Petsmart Santa Photos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next