It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 pm

This is Kane's first Christmas with us and I'd like to get him a durable chew toy. I've never had a dog as playful as he is. He destroys tennis balls in a matter of seconds and also managed to annihilate most of a softball (I know I'm preaching to the choir here...)He likes rope bones, but gets bored with them. He has an Old Navy Dog Supply rubber bone that he loves, but its falling apart now too. He'll play with just about anything. I'm open to any suggestions please.

I saw there was a post similar to this on here that was fairly old, just wondering if anyone has come across anything more recently.

Thanks for any replies in advance.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

JW Pet makes a Holee-ball that Sabaka loves. It's not a chew toy, but rather one that needs human interaction. JW Pet also make Megalast balls and toys. We have a Megalast ball on a tug rope, which seems to be indestructible.

Orka Petstages products seem made to last as well. Sabaka enjoys the jack. Again, it's only fun when his people are tossing it and making it bounce wildly!

Sabaka doesn't do much independent playing or chewing. He's a rather needy dog! We have split antlers and a Nylabone for those rare times when he is actually looking for something to chew.
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Kota is very picky about what toys she wants to play with so we have a hard time finding her things that last longer than a few seconds. If it doesn't squeak she wants nothing to do with it!

We got her a Kong toy that I believe is called a Kong Wubba. Its like the material that they make Kongs out of but it also makes noise. The one we got was had straps that hung off the bottom which she chewed off in no time but the actual Kong part of the boy lasted a good while. She took it outside one day and it hasn't came back inside since. So I don't know how long it really would have lasted had it not disappeared into our backyard.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am

Lacrosse ball, only ones that my two haven't been able to destroy. Cheap too so don't let the price scare you away.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3414531
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but there are a couple toys that Lexi has that I like and would give recommendations for.

Orbee-tuff Glow For Good ball
She loves playing with this. Rubber ball which is hollow. She hasn't even put a scratch into it (other than the logo on it started to come off, so I peeled the rest off)
http://www.planetdog.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=96628500

Orbee-tuff bone
Same material as ball above. She loves to chew it and chase it around. Again not even a scratch in it. Hollow so you can put stuff in it.
http://www.planetdog.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ORBEE%20BONES

ToyShoppe Durables Dragon
It's a plush toy with a squeeky, but SUPER duable. Reinforced body and seams. Plus the outside of the toy has big dimples which let it stretch so it is harder to rip. Had this for a couple months with no damage at all! Decided to buy her another one (for her upcoming birthday) because she loves it so much and it is holding up so well.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11206241&lmdn=Brand&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInCA%2FNo

Scott
Back to top Go down
Callie&co
Newborn
Newborn
Callie&co

Female Join date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 pm

im in the same boat, Callie will destory any ball in seconds. Extreme kong ball has lasted the longest. She does like the Plush toys,but she somehow managed to destroy the Dragon from pet smart in 2 days. Alot of ppl were suprised lol.
Back to top Go down
kogapupup
Newborn
Newborn
kogapupup

Female Join date : 2013-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Koga really likes the Lil Rippers. He is only a puppy but still hasn't been able to rip them open.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8?url=search-alias%3Dpets&field-keywords=lil+ripper&sprefix=lil+ripp%2Caps%2C200

He also loves the Kong Wubba.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dpets&field-keywords=kong+wubba&rh=n%3A2619533011%2Ck%3Akong+wubba
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Jollyball...its the only ball Stryker hasn't destroyed, supposed to be impossible to deflate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?   Ridiculously tough toy suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridiculously tough toy suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1