It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Good Evening From Southern Ohio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

Good Evening From Southern Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:03 am

I was turned onto this site by another Husky owner, and figured I would have to check it out. I must say, thus far I am loving the site. Being as I am a new Husky owner myself I am all the time trying to find fellow Husky owners to ask my silly questions to.

I figured it was time for me to create an account for me and my partner in crime. Smile

Meet Kota (Bear)
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 53602711
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 52296510
This was the very first day that I brought her to her new home in North Carolina. (April 2012)
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 53666910
This is the same day. Her and my German Shepard. (RIP Saber)
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 54848910
Kota && Daddy in the UHaul on our way to Ohio! (May 2012)
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 38611710
Kota giving Mommy kisses. Smile (Aug. 2012)
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 39326510
Being sweet && holding Mommy's hand. (Last Night)
Good Evening From Southern Ohio 42396810
Kota today, 7months && 4days. Snuggling on the couch, typical evening,

Needless to say, I am one proud Husky momma. It would be a complete lie saying that its been super easy, but its been completely worth it because my girl is not only stunningly beautiful but incredibly smart, and funny. We're hoping to make some good friend, and maybe even some that are in our area!
Back to top Go down
Beki
Newborn
Newborn
Beki

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 am

gorgeous girl you got there!!
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 am

Thank you so much. We like to think so as well. She's kind of my pride an joy to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:29 am

Hey, glad to see you joined =) Welcome. This is a great place, and I've learned so much and received so much support from these wonderful people.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Ah so glad to see another Ohioan! There's so few of us here x.x When Yuki gets older I'm hoping to hold a husky meet for Ohio, hopefully you guys will be able to join in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Your girl is so gorgeous. I'm from Ohio too!
Back to top Go down
KitR
Puppy
Puppy
KitR

Female Join date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Another Ohio husky! Your girl is gorgeous Smile Welcome to the forum!

We were relatively unprepared for a husky when we brought Alice home from the shelter, but this forum has been a great resource.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 pm

KitR wrote:
Another Ohio husky! Your girl is gorgeous Smile Welcome to the forum!

We were relatively unprepared for a husky when we brought Alice home from the shelter, but this forum has been a great resource.
Y'all taking over lol

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Welcome! We are from Northern Ohio Smile
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. We're happy to have ran across this site. An I am totally for a husky "get together" it would be nice to get her around some dogs with the same personality as her.

I wasn't completely unprepared for a husky, as I read about them for almost a year before actually getting her, but I don't think your truly ready for this amazing bred till you have one!! Shes a handful, but I wouldn't trade her for the world.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Welcome! What a sweet puppy!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Welcome! Kota is super cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Welcome, I love Kota's mask. From reading your other thread on Kota, her personality sounds just like my Willow. I always joke around that Willow should be thanking me cause anyone else would have rehomed her by now! Smile The things that drove me nuts in the beginning is what I love about her now. It's called character! Lol!
Back to top Go down
ToccoasMom
Puppy
Puppy
ToccoasMom

Female Join date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Welcome! What a cutie! I'm in southwestern Ohio Smile
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 am

I agree Mindy. I use to get so frustrated that she didn't listen like my GSD but at the same time it's kinda fun having her do her own thing. She's just a nut but I love it. I could care less how many tricks she does because she is just a joy and has brought do much more fun into our lives. As long as she ports outside and calms down a bit, I don't have to much more to ask because even at 7 months she is such a good pup. Smile)

Colleen where abouts in Ohio are you. I would live to get together with some other Husky mommy & daddys!! She needs more dogs with her same personality. Smile
Back to top Go down
ToccoasMom
Puppy
Puppy
ToccoasMom

Female Join date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:42 am

We're just north of Cincinnati, near Kings Island. Toccoa has yet to meet another Husky Smile
Back to top Go down
ashley&belukha
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:31 pm

I would love to meet up with anyone from the cincinnati area and would be willing to travel if a get together was planned for us Ohio folks!!

Belukha has only met one other husky and that was while we were in Colorado last week!

Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm in Cincinnati too. We live in the Northside neighborhood near downtown. We don't do the dog park but we could meet up for a walk/hike at a park?
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Well we live in southern Ohio, near Portsmouth. Cinci is a bit of a drive for us but if we could arrange like a meet somewhere we would love to join.

I thought about trying to get something together for the spring at like Hocking Hills. They have all kinds of hiking trails and camp grounds out there. It is beautiful! Thought maybe it would be fun if we could get enough people together that would want to go.

We are getting another resuce Husky next weekend so there would be my husband and I, as well as our 2 girls (huskies).
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Yuki gets her last set of puppy shots on November 9th, so I'm up for any kind of meet up in the cincy area or nearby this November. I was avoiding December because of christmas, and I know the holidays can get hectic, but I'm up for an early December meet as well Smile Thoughts?

Check this out for the ohio meet: https://www.itsahuskything.com/t6782-ohio-november-december-meet#106894
Back to top Go down
ashley&belukha
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:34 pm

bellecma wrote:
I'm in Cincinnati too. We live in the Northside neighborhood near downtown. We don't do the dog park but we could meet up for a walk/hike at a park?

I live up Hamilton Ave, north of Northside. I love Northside though, great neighborhood! Do you ever go to Laboiteaux woods? I love the trails there. Also I hike a lot at some trails at Winton Woods that the main stream park users don`t seem to know about. A group of about 12 of us all go there and walk our dogs on the trails and even have what we call "yappy hour" on Fridays sometimes. Very fun! Harbin Park in Fairfield is also a place that I frequent pretty often.

Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 am

We walk on the Mill Creek trail across from Spring Grove Cemetery. We also go to Parker's Woods which is just a block off Hamilton Ave at Bruce. I do need to try some new places and Laboiteaux Woods is really close. I used to hike in Mt. Airy but haven't lately. Love Winton Woods too. Thanks for the ideas.

Northside is a funky neighborhood! Tons of dogs but not many huskies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Evening From Southern Ohio   Good Evening From Southern Ohio Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Evening From Southern Ohio

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-