It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching Empty
PostSubject: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 pm

As a lot of you know, I got my little six week old puppy. Well, I wanted to confirm if this is normal or not, because its worrying me. A lot of times Yuki will twitch in her sleep, like full-body twitching for a few seconds and then she stops. She will also heavily pant for a few seconds, and then it stops. Sometimes she will wake up and pant, sometimes it will be in her sleep. But what worried me was that just now she was twitching, her throat was bobbing and her eye was a little bit open and I only saw the white of her eye. I felt like something was wrong so I immediately tried to wake her up, wasn't sure what to do. She leaned up and looked at me like 'why'd you wake me up?' and went back to sleep. She's still sleeping now, no twitching or anything, just peaceful sleeping. Help? Dx I'm not sure how to explain all this to the vet if I take her in, I just don't feel like it's normal but I might be overreacting so I'm trying here first.
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Sounds like Yuki is just dreaming. They twitch and make all kinds of funny noises when they're deep in la-la land. She is such a cutie!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Phew, I was hoping it wasn't anything too serious. It's just that with all the twitching I was wondering if she had gotten sick or stressed from the new adjustment or with the panting if she was just too hot (I try to keep the AC on pretty high because Cloud and Yuki and I all hate the heat). She also seems to hiccup a lot XD But I wasn't worried about that.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 am

Freya's throat goes up nad down in her sleep as well. I put it down to maybe her dreaming about her mum and suckling from a teat? Freya also breaths really fast sometimes for short periods of time during her sleep, nad she also pants.
I think it's just normal sleep movments.

I laways try to imagine what they are dreaming of. I like to think it's of their litter mates, and their mum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:57 am

What will be really cool is when they howl in their sleep during the night, trust me it'll wake you up and send shivers down your spine the first time.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 am

Unfortunatelly Freya doesnt howl very often nad when she does it sounds like a dying rooster.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 am

Aawhh haha. Yuki howls plenty enough when shes awake, its like a puppy whimper that ends in a howl. It's pretty cute XD
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:29 am

Here4thePics wrote:
What will be really cool is when they howl in their sleep during the night, trust me it'll wake you up and send shivers down your spine the first time.

This......

Tika has made noises whilst sleeping, but never full out howled.

I was working on my PC about a month after getting Ripley and she bellowed super loud in her sleep and scared me to death. When I walked out into my hallway to check on her she laid there, Tika however was staring at her in disbelief as much as I was....

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 am

Kerian makes all kinds of sounds in her sleep. She hasn't howl yet but she doesm't howl much when awake.

I like it when their feet move like they are running in their dreams Blaze does this all the time.

Last edited by ljelgin on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Just wanted to officially thank all of you for reassuring me on this xD Cloud twitched a little bit in his sleep and still does, I just had not expected all her twitching and the panting! She's one crazy pup. She is going to the vet tomorrow though for her first visit with me. Not sure if she'll be getting any shots, I don't know when her next ones are due. But gosh I can't stand the shots, I'm so scared of seeing the needle. x.x Not looking forward to those visits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching   Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Quite Sure - Puppy Twitching

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1