It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats Empty
PostSubject: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Has anyone tried these treats from Costco? Mia seems to really like them. She can be across the house when I open the package, she is right next to me. haha Feedback and opinions appreciated

http://www.naturesdomainpetfood.com/about-natures-domain/natures-domain-grain-free-jerky-treats-for-dogs

Pasted what is on the website below.

INGREDIENTS

Bison, Beef, Pea Flour, Glycerine, Bison Liver, Salt, Sorbic Acid, Natural Smoke Flavor, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Tocopherols, Caramel.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein 18% Minimum
Crude Fat 13% Minimum
Crude Fiber 3% Maximum
Moisture 40% Maximum

CALORIE CONTENT

3,924.5 kcals/kg (118 calories per treat)

Calculated Metabolized Energy

FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS

For small dogs between 15 and 25 pounds, we suggest feeding 1/2 of a treat once or twice daily. For medium dogs between 26 and 50 pounds, we suggest feeding 1/2 to 1 treat once or twice daily. For large dogs, 1 to 2 treats per day.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:48 pm

i don't think ours has them yet.... does it list where they are made? i feed the ND food

Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:53 pm

I would look but I just got PRK surgery and even typing is difficult much less reading fine print. But according to the website int he faqs section, most of their ingredients are from the US. how true that is, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats 06e1a76b
Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats D323b521
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:59 pm

I ca not tell if that is blurry or not. haha. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Have tried them as I stir clear of anything made by Diamond nowadays since this.

http://foodpoisoningbulletin.com/2012/food-safety-issues-at-diamond-pet-food-plant/

It's a shame it even has shied me away from TOTW at least for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Damn! maybe I should return it then....
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 pm

LillDragun wrote:

It's probably okay since it's not on any recall list I could find. seems like a new product made after the issue. I'm just one of those paranoid people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
LillDragun wrote:

It's probably okay since it's not on any recall list I could find. seems like a new product made after the issue. I'm just one of those paranoid people.

I'm pretty paranoid about it too.

Honestly, I don't give any kind of jerky that I don't make myself. If you have an oven, you can make jerky.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm paranoid now too and look over any treat ingredients with eagle eyes. Only made in the USA. It looks good if everything is safe - no wheat, which is nice for the Chillster.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm

im trying to buy only jerky made in the USA and is not irradiated. so far i have not had much luck with out paying $$ for it. i will check costco this weekend for them. I love the peanut butter ball cookie things they get sometimes that are made in the USA, dogs go nuts, they smell great but i have not tried one yet Razz

Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:47 am

I know this is a old thread, but how "long-lasting" are these treats? Is this something our Huskies would destroy in minutes or an hour?
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 am

I don't think they're mean to be long-lasting. I think they're just treats. Have you seen them at your Costco recently though? Mine stopped carrying them a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:47 am

ateam043 wrote:
I know this is a old thread, but how "long-lasting" are these treats? Is this something our Huskies would destroy in minutes or an hour?

They are treats, not chews, so they will not last long. A typical sibe will probably devour one in seconds.

Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:09 pm

How much did they cost and approximately how many treats does the container hold? (if you don't mind me asking..)
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:32 pm

I just bought some today.
13.99 for 2.25lb of 1x8x1/8 bars.
Dogs love them.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:57 pm

our costco never got them in, still has not....

Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Same here, Jen. Mine never got the third flavor of Nature's Domain either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats   Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats Empty

Back to top Go down

Nature's Domain Grain-Free Jerky Treats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1