It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Peeing in air vent??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
serendipity3043
Newborn
Newborn
serendipity3043

Female Join date : 2012-07-09

Peeing in air vent?? Empty
PostSubject: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:57 pm

I am so frustrated! Evil or Very Mad

When I took Meika to the vet the other day she tried to pee in their air vent in the room even though she had already peed right before we went in. Not only did she try to do so once but she tried twice! In the vent...I mean, really? What would possess her to do so?

We've been working on getting her housebroken since we got her a week ago. I've done everything right...I think. I take her out after eating/drinking. I take her out immediately after she leaves the crate. I take her out after brief play sessions. In fact, she spends a lot of time in her crate because she actually loves it.
I'm home most of the day because I am a stay at home mom. This also means I'm busy chasing two toddlers around as well.

I'll only allow her to be out if I have her on a leash and she stays beside me. When my husband comes home at night he lets her run wild. He will only do this after she has went out and went potty. She's still peeing after about 5 minutes though.

I am calling the vet tomorrow because I suspect a UTI due to her peeing 3-4 times when we go out and many times she will squat and nothing comes out. Could this be the cause of her not taking to the training also??
I feel like the first few days she did awesome. She would even go to the door when she needed to go out.
However, this weekend, she's been out of her crate a lot and keeps peeing. Even after peeing outside.
I was just cleaning my dining room floor and I just noticed that at some point she tried peeing in the vent! pale
She obviously didn't pee much and I took the vent out and cleaned all around it and down inside it but I'm so frustrated.
Housebreaking has been a nightmare and I feel like I can't trust her to be out of her crate ever. Sad
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:26 pm

House breaking is hard, for any puppy. Cato had accidents multiple times a day at first. IMO, crating her isn't the solution if you are there. We took Cato out after every play time, every drink, every meal. That is ON TOP of the every hour rule we had. Now he is doing much better and at 6 months, I can say he has very few accidents. The only time he had an accident was my fault, for sleeping like a rock.

Just be patient and diligent and remember that it's temporary
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:50 am

When she do her business outside praise her with a treat or a pat on the head.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 am

There's nothing wrong with taking a fresh morning pee sample to the vet to rule out UTI. Cheyenne was miserable in the beginning to housebreak because of her UTI that I misdiagnosed as her trying to be a serious PITA. Lol!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:46 am

I had to laugh when I read this, sorry. I have issues with Balon and housebreaking too, he is so blockheaded about it lol. So easy to train in other things but he even pees in his crate somedays Peeing in air vent?? 1625187496.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Check for a uti with the vet. Could also be mixed singles as u are treating her one way and your husband a 2nd way. Also are you cleaning up her pee with a urin cleaner?

Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 am

Just yesterday I was cleaning out the vent Thane pissed in -.- I know that feel
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 am

and just yesterday Balon peed all over my sons bare feet, he was NOT amused. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
serendipity3043
Newborn
Newborn
serendipity3043

Female Join date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Well, I have an update.
I took a urine sample into the vet and she has no infection. The vet said she has a "weak bladder" which is just due to her age. She said when she comes back in 6 weeks for her next round of shots if she is still doing the same things she will check her more closely but as of right now she's pretty sure it is just that Meika has a weak bladder and is stubborn. Peeing in air vent?? 1625187496

Question: How much water should she be drinking on a daily basis? She's 14 weeks old, btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in air vent??   Peeing in air vent?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Peeing in air vent??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1