It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Really worried! Back leg problem!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katirhodes
Newborn
Newborn
katirhodes

Female Join date : 2012-07-04

Really worried! Back leg problem! Empty
PostSubject: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 pm

After a few months of owning Vegas he kicked me with his hind leg! I didn't think any thing of it expect it hurt. Well ever since then he has been doing it once or twice a month, not kicking me but kicking out his hind legs. He is only 13 months, is this something I should be worried about? Does it happen to other huskies? Also is it common in other breeds since henis mixed? Or should I be rushing him to the vet?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 am

Does he kick out in the grass you mean? Or just randomly he leg has a spasm?

Mishka does that sometimes, but I get muscle spasms too so I never thought too much about it.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:22 am

Kale kicks his back legs while laying on his side, but only when he's really excited or hyper.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
prtlad999
Newborn
Newborn
prtlad999

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 am

My 7 month old always kicks his hind legs after he pees and poops... and runs in his sleep..funniest thing. asking the vet can't hurt though... Good luck with ur pup!!!!
Back to top Go down
katirhodes
Newborn
Newborn
katirhodes

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 am

He just has a random spasm. He does kick his back legs after he poops and pees but I figured that was normal as I have seen other dogs do it. He does it standing or sleeping and it doesn't even seem like he knows he is doing it. Like the time when he kicked me he was eating food and he never stopped eating.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:59 am

I know if something tickles Demons or Dakota's foot they'll kick it out hard whether they're standing or laying down. It might not even be visible to you, but they definitely feel something. Smile Like Noah said it can't hurt to ask the vet if you're really concerned though.
Back to top Go down
katirhodes
Newborn
Newborn
katirhodes

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 am

Alright thank you! I just worry because hip issues are common in huskies so it freaks me out! I want nothing but the best for him! I never even thought about the tickling thing and that could definitely be it, since he doesn't seem in pain or anything!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:18 am

Hmm..Frosti does that too from time to time but I thought it had more to do with one missing toe and maybe some phantom pains. Interesting that other dogs do it, too!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Kya does this too. She has leg spasms. We had it looked at, but like Kristina said, we get muscle spasms too. The vet pretty much told us that they have the same type of reflexes that we do, and sometimes it just happens. It doesn't hurt to check it out, but I wouldn't worry too much, unless you see pain associated with.

Good Luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Kitty does this. It's just leg muscle spasms. Sometimes she will kick me when she is dreaming too.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:14 pm

maggie only does that when she is sleeping. Puppy dreams are funny. I can see your fear though, when maggie broke her leg last summer, I know freak out!
Back to top Go down
katirhodes
Newborn
Newborn
katirhodes

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Thank you everyone! I will keep an eye on him just to make sure, but I am not nearly as worried as I was!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really worried! Back leg problem!   Really worried! Back leg problem! Empty

Back to top Go down

Really worried! Back leg problem!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1