It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! Empty
PostSubject: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I helped Misha Siberian Husky Rescue in Pagosa Springs, CO coordinate the rescue of a husky here in LA and have been visiting at the kennels while his flight is arranged. Another volunteer picked him up on the day he was scheduled to be put down. What a beautiful, sweet boy who loves people!

He got attacked while at the shelter by another male dog and he's got a bit of a booboo on his face, but is healing up fast. He's also in the middle of a crazy blow! I got about half the fur off after this video, it looked like a stuffed animal had been killed! As bad as Chili was the day we got him! What a little ragamuffin! Smile

I took some video and him buying his treat for later is so adorable! The back of his big round fluffy husky head while digging is hilarious! Smile
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDE59D5AAEBDF332&feature=plcp

If you're anywhere near Pagosa Springs, CO OR are in LA and interested - please contact the rescue! Smile He's 3 years old, the cutest thing and available for adoption! Neutered, has all his shots, just got dewormed and a bath! His adoption frees a spot to rescue the next one, so I hope this post helps! Smile
http://www.mishasiberianhuskyrescue.com/index.html

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! 48019110

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 pm

He is beautiful. I about teared up when I saw his little face.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:46 pm

He's such a sweetheart, Megan! I was a complete stranger when I walked into his kennel at the boarding place and he's done nothing but try to give me kisses and convince me to pet him! Smile We're taking him on a walk with the pack on Sat, so I'll report more back! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:49 pm

He's gorgeous! He looks so cute in the bougainvillea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:53 pm

weird, im not sure i have heard of that CO husky rescue.....
well i hope he finds a great home!

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 pm

He's adorable! I'm sure he will get snatched right up!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 pm

jbealer wrote:
It's a small rescue way southwest Colorado - this is the rescue we turned to for help for one of the situations at North Star.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
He's such a sweetheart, Megan! I was a complete stranger when I walked into his kennel at the boarding place and he's done nothing but try to give me kisses and convince me to pet him! Smile We're taking him on a walk with the pack on Sat, so I'll report more back! Smile

I wish we could take him. Let me ask around up here and see if I can fidn someone that i think would be suitable?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

He is some cute.. such a sweet boy..

Hope he finds a furever home soon..
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 pm

He's going to a rescue in Colorado and already has a flight - so a forever home around there would be awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

jbealer wrote:

It's in Pagosa Springs and fairly new. Claudia's rescue sent a husky up to her to save him - I checked in with her first to make sure they were legit! Smile It's great having husky friends all over the country! EDIT : DOH, just saw Claudia's reply. hehe Thanks Claudia!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks guys, he certainly is adorable! I thought I'd give a heads up to any lurking CO potential adopters! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 am

OMG! He is gorgeous!!!!! I have a soft spot for Reds Wink
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:40 pm

So exciting! Working on getting a 2nd husky outta LA! Any fosters in CO? Smile

His name is Ray and he's 9 years old. Beautiful big blue eyes, looks like a dilute red - almost white! Please share if you know anyone that can foster in CO! Smile The rescue would also appreciate any donations - looking for a 36" or 40" crate in the LA area for his fight on July 1st.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Woohoo! the 2nd dog just got out. SO relieved! Apparently he's a SWEETHEART! Check out these pics with his new girlfriend - another senior girl that got rescued last week! Smile A local husky owner is fostering until he can fly out - she is so awesome! Smile

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! 46288510

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! 45885510
He's got a little face booboo they'll take care of. Smile

Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 pm

The are so cute and sweet looking.. glad to here they got rescued.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Awe! I have a weakness for senior rescues. I wish I could take them all in. We get a 10 yr old sweet red girl - couldn't tell she was 10 - and absolutely beautiful...I SO wanted to take her even if it was just to foster. But I found out while Heather watched Ginger and Storm, that Ginger may not necessarily like being with another female on permanent basis or extended lengths...

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm so happy he's out! Thanks again for the info, Claudia! Mufasa gets flown out on the 17th and Ray gets flown out on July 1st! Smile

Chili is like Ginger, no males allowed. He's gotten tons better at daycare, but is still a little alpha punk. Wink No fosters for us anytime soon - so I try to do what I can with project managing rescues, transporting and taking care of them at the kennels.: )
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:50 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
I'm so happy he's out! Thanks again for the info, Claudia! Mufasa gets flown out on the 17th and Ray gets flown out on July 1st! Smile

Chili is like Ginger, no males allowed. He's gotten tons better at daycare, but is still a little alpha punk. Wink No fosters for us anytime soon - so I try to do what I can with project managing rescues, transporting and taking care of them at the kennels.: )
good luck to them both!
...and ditto here on doing whatever else I can for the rescue!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Update! He's doing awesome since he was picked up at the shelter! The foster mom is so awesome! Smile

He's apparently not a senior (acc. to the paperwork) and is currently making out with the girl husky in the master bedroom! Wink Getting along well with the cats AND the other 4 huskies in the house! Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Mufasa got to meet the huskies today and it went really well! I was worried since Frosti likes to introduce herself with a bite to the scruff (little dominatrix!) and Chili is selective about playmates, but Frosti was instantly smitten and ROLLED OVER for play! Shocked Mufasa did great! Chili ignored both of them. hehe

Videos!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCE20DE3674D9BED0

Update on Ray : his cheek sore is hard and the vet said it's a tumor. $350-ish for surgery and biopsy, which is totally reasonable in the LA area (rescue rates). Fingers crossed for the little buddy that it's benign! Hope to raise some more money for the rescue, since it's so small and run by an awesome lady who is a child rights advocate attorney while caring for all these dogs!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Frosti sandwich! She LOVED it!

No matter how crazy they are, I'm amazed at how huskies just know how to walk well together in a pack. It's awesome!
Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! Photo_23
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Quote :
No matter how crazy they are, I'm amazed at how huskies just know how to walk well together in a pack. It's awesome!

could you please come here and teach my two 2 how to walk half way thru the walk one of them decides it is time to play. lol!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Chili reminding everyone who's top dog.
Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! Photo_24
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:38 pm

ljelgin wrote:
Quote :

could you please come here and teach my two 2 how to walk half way thru the walk one of them decides it is time to play. lol!

I can't! I have no idea how I did it! He was a total spaz on his own and wanted to catch up to the other two. When I got them all together, they just walked flawlessly as long as the Frosti Monster was in the middle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next