It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Thundershirt Review!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Thundershirt Review! Empty
PostSubject: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:38 am

Two words: Love it!

Embry is one of those super anxious whining/barking dogs in the car. It drives everyone insane. We tried the Thundershirt on in the car on the way to the Dog Park on Monday. He didn't make a peep the whole ride until we pulled up into the parking lot! It was great! I know a couple of you have mentioned having anxious dogs in the car. I believe it was Melissa and Jenn.. But it works for us Smile I can't say it will work for everyone's dog but I believe they have a 100% guarantee and will refund it if it doesn't help you Smile

It's supposed to help with leash pulling also!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:04 am

Thundershirt worked great on my BC for storms. Tried it on my husky that is noisy in the car and it didn't even phase him. Whine and cry city....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:13 am

If anyone's interested in getting a Thundershirt, you may purchase one through North Star Siberian Husky Rescue. If you purchase it through the rescue, Thundershirt makes a donation back to the rescue!

http://www.northstarhuskyrescue.org/

Or send me a PM....

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:12 am

Jennet, we need a picture of the Thundershirt on a model! Wink

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:57 am

Hahah, Val I'll get one for you in a bit Wink He looks like a stud hahah
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Okay pics!
Thundershirt Review! IMG_7495
Thundershirt Review! IMG_7496
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:25 pm

I may get one for Rodeo in the car... He gets very anxious...

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Oh, he is so very handsome! Faolan hasn't been anxious about anything yet (he loves car rides) but I'll have to keep this in mind if anything ever comes up.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Oooh, he's so handsome!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Wanted to add here... my grandmother-in-law has a small shitzu. That little thing is CRAZY anxious. Scratches at his eyes so he has to wear an ecollar, barks, licks things obsessively. I told her that he was anxious and to try and put him in more of a routine. She started to, but went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and someone must have recommended a Thundershirt. She bought it, put it on, and she said ALL his nervous habits stopped. She said that he's like a different dog! So much so that she called to tell me and thank me for telling her that her dog was anxious so that she found the Thundershirt! Smile

Thundershirt Review! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Don't forget - If you plan on getting a Thundershirt, you can get it from North Star Husky Rescue. It's not any cheaper than retail, but the company donates back to the rescue for each sold through the rescue.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Would the Thundershirt work on a dog that never used to be anxious that developed anxiety later on triggered by an event?

I ask because my grandparents' house was struck by lightning and ever since, their dog is terrified of thunderstorms even though she was never afraid before their house was struck. I told them about the Thundershirt but had to tell them that I wasn't sure if it would work in their case. They are kinda hesitant and don't have a lot of extra cash considering their health care expenses being senior citizens. Neutral

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Would the Thundershirt work on a dog that never used to be anxious that developed anxiety later on triggered by an event?

I ask because my grandparents' house was struck by lightning and ever since she is terrified of thunderstorms even though she was never afraid before their house was struck. I told them about the Thundershirt but had to tell them that I wasn't sure if it would work in their case. They are kinda hesitant and don't have a lot of extra cash considering their health care expenses being senior citizens. Neutral

No reason that I can think of why it wouldn't work. I think they still offer a money back guarantee on their website.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm glad this works. We have a GSP that recently developed a fear of thuderstorms and can no longer stay out in the yard during the day, because he will jump our fence if it thunders. I'll have to try this for him. I hate seeing him so scared.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks Brian!

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in.
I recommend the thunder shirt :-)
My fiance and I adopted a husky from a family friend who couldn't keep him, and his name is loki. He was a rescue in the past too so innhis short 2 years of life he has had 3 homes that I am aware of. Because of this he started to have anxiety when my fiance would leave him home alone while we were at work. He would howl the whole time we were gone along with using the house as a bathroom(in spite it seemed) are and he would scratch the front door.
We got the thundershirt with a money back guarantee from a local pet store and gave it a try. We broke him in with it slowly a couple hours here a couple there. Once he started wearing it while we were gone at work all his issues stopped. He no longer howls when we're not home and he hasn't destroyed the house. It seems to comfort him and let him know we will be back.
Hope this helps some of you make the desicion on weither or not to try one.
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Lexi gets rather anxious in her crate. We have tried a bunch of things... bigger crate, smaller crate, toys, kongs, more training, etc. Nothing really worked.
We then tried a thundershirt and I think it worked quite well and calmed her down a bunch. But after a few weeks, she managed to slowly rip and wreck the thundshirt. So though it didn't really work for our situation, I recommend people trying it out for anxiety!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt Review!   Thundershirt Review! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thundershirt Review!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1