It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:32 pm

It's a chilly and rainy day outside so I thought I would wrap up in a blanket and start a scrapbook for my crew. Smile

First I'll put all the faces with the names. Wink

This is Char, my only Siberian. She is about 3 years old and runs in the lead and wheel positions on my race team. She's a happy go lucky girl who thinks she's a princess. Wink
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Char_s10

This is Sydney. She is a 2 year old Alaskan Husky who is in training to be a leader for my race team. She has endless energy and is very outgoing. She's also very curious and loves to figure things out.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Edit10

This is Cougar. She's an 11 year old Alaskan Husky. She is a retired sled dog and loves to go bikejoring, backpacking, and swimming. She has lots of personality and loves to "talk" to you with the husky trademark "Aroooo".
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Cougar12

This is Ruby, being her goofy self. lol She is an 11 year old Australian Shepherd/Mix and was actually my first sled dog. She is now retired and enjoys sleeping, swimming, and getting on my nerves. Wink
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ruby_s10

This is Maggie, my 9 year old black lab. She is obsessed with swimming, tennis balls, and loves to go hiking.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures 410

This is Salsa, my 7 year old Alaskan Husky. She is my main leader for my race team and loves being a lap dog. She is also the dog yard "toy" as all of the dogs love to play with her.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Salsa_11

This is Jacob, my 11 year old Alaskan Husky. He is now retired from the racing team after being my main leader for 3 years. He now helps me train the new dogs and new leaders. He's a big goof ball and is the kennel ladies man as he's the only male I have. lol
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Jacob10

This is Jazz, my 6 year old Eurohound. She is my speed queen and goes now where slow. She usually runs in the wheel position on my race team. She also loves to hike and run on the beach.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Jazz_f10

This is Dixie, my 3 year old Beagle. She usually sits shot gun in the truck on the way to races and training runs with the sled dogs. She loves to explore and chase tennis balls.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Dixie10

This is Ellie, my 5 year old German Shepherd. She is like my second shadow and likes to go everywhere with me. She used to be a sled dog but is now retired to training new leaders and taking kids for rides on the sled.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ellies10

And there's my fur balls! Smile I'll upload some of our hiking pics later.

Last edited by Piper on Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Here are a few of our hiking pictures. All of my dogs love to hike but Ellie and Maggie go with me the most. We usually pack a lunch and go for a 3 to 4 hour hike depending on what we feel up to. Smile

Here's Salsa in the backpack.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Slasa_10

Maggie and Ellie on the trail heading home.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Maggie10

Maggie LOVES the backpack! lol
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Maggie11

Ellie in her canicross gear.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ellie_10

Last edited by Piper on Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:07 pm

I don't see the pictures would love to.. After reading about the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:22 pm

No pictures?! That's weird cause I can see them...

I'll see if I can figure out what the dealio is...
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:49 pm

1:49PM still no pics
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Are they on the dogforums hosting service? You might need to try a different approach. Your links don't look like image links and it says the content is not available when you go straight to it. You can probably see them because your browser cached them. I see nothing on all browsers.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Still no pics
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm

love the pack intro! and the few hiking pics, you do have your hands full!

Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Alrighty, I think I fixed it. I tried copy and pasting the URL of the pics from another website instead of going through the forum up-loader thing because it goes faster (I have dial-up internet so I always go the faster route. lol). That obviously didn't work so I used the forum up-loader this time. Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:36 pm

I can see the pictures now. nice pictures..

Great looking pack.. I love seeing pictures of all your dogs.

Last edited by ljelgin on Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:39 pm

you can also get an account with photobucket to copy and past pics. works super fast that way

Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks guys, I'm glad the pics finally work! lol

Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:25 am

Random Pics

This is a few months after we adopted Dixie. I brought Kavik the bunny in the house and she was scared of him! Some Beagle she is... lol
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Dixie_10

Jacob, who apparently forgot that he had a shadow.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Jacob_12

A partial family portrait. Very Happy
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Family10

Dog pile on Salsa!
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Dog_pi10

Cougar and Jazz not long after we got them from the shelter.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Jazz_c11

Happy Cougar!
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Happy_10

Ellie, practicing her sit, stay.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ellie_11
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Quite the diverse pack you have there! Nice pics...
Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks, Paul! Smile

State Park Hike and Beach Fun 5/8/12

Yesterday my friend and I took Ellie and Maggie to the state park to go for a hike on the trails and to swim at the beach. I have more pics on my friend's camera but here are a few that I took on mine.

Ellie, in front of old lighthouse ruins.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ellie_12

Maggie by the lighthouse ruins.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Maggie12

Ellie trying to take a nap on the beach.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ellie_13

Maggie showing off her tongue. lol
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Maggie13

Cruising on the beach.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Maggie14

Ellie, posing for the camera.
Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Ellie_14
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:51 am

What a great looking pack!! Your beagle is adorable! And reminds me of my beagle Goober with the rabbit...he freezes and won't move around them lol
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Wow, so many! And all so beautiful/handsome! I can't imagine having 10 dogs, I'd probably go crazy XD Kudos to you for being able to handle that many. I bet you have a blast with them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures   Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures Empty

Back to top Go down

Piper's Pack and Back Country Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1