It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya Empty
PostSubject: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Here some videos of Asia since we picked her up at animal services.

We had just picked her up. Weren't keeping her at this point. As you can see our curtain (and the stick) fell off right before leaving to get her. Kody stepped on the curtain and boom it all came down. Gotta laugh Razz

Kody and Asia playing for the first time. She's wet since I had just showered her. She was FILTHY!!! Still weren't keeping her here..lol.

This was tonight. Already decided that we're probably keeping her

Last edited by MelissaI on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Awwww, she and Kody are already total besties!! They are just too cute! Mya will warm up soon Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 am

Kody seems to love having a new play buddy! Mya looked pretty sad pouting on the couch. Not only a diva but a drama queen too! It will just take her some time to adjust. Looks like things are going ok so far, hope it continues that way!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 am

LOL that first video when Kodys talking to her and she's like wtf man get outta my face!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:48 am

The title reads: Asia in 'her new home'....so I take it you have decided to adopt her?
Smile

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Mya looked pretty sad pouting on the couch. Not only a diva but a drama queen too! It will just take her some time to adjust.

Mya is so dramatic, I swear! She'll lay in a corner away from everybody and just stare at us interacting with Asia and Kody. I have to keep going over to her and giving her love. Her nose is dry too. She's upset. Oh well, she has to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 am

cmanding wrote:
The title reads: Asia in 'her new home'....so I take it you have decided to adopt her?
Smile

Yep, we're keeping her! Ivan says it would break his heart to have her go to another home to then another home after everything she's been through. She's already so attached to us. She follows me everywhere and is learning things for Mya and Kody already. She sits and waits behind them before being let out into the yard, already learned how to back up in her crate and wait until I tell her that she could eat her food, etc.

It's not going to be easy. I know that. Believe me, I know Razz BUT she's worth it and we'll figure it out. The walks is my only concern, but we'll see. I can walk Kody and Mya together with no issues. It just gets tough when they see a cat or squirrel Razz I'll see how we handle it. For now I keep on with Kody and Mya's walk routine because she needs to learn how to walk on the leash properly and she's too small to go on the 45min walks that I take them on. She'll get an around the block for now.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:48 am

Now you've gotta add that gorgeous girl to your signature!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Snow White wrote:
Now you've gotta add that gorgeous girl to your signature!

Agreed!!! Hubby has some new program that he can supposedly make signatures on so I'm going to harass him for one Very Happy Val made this one fore me a while back.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Congrats! I watched your videos a few days ago on youtube and was thinking to myself that you guys would end up keeping her Razz She's gorgeous and quite a special girl! She has an amazing furever home now! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Melissa, what's her story? Why was she at animal control?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Owner surrender. They were "moving."

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:24 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Owner surrender. They were "moving."
Why get a dog if you aren't going to bring them with you during a move? WTF people, dogs aren't furniture.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Wow! It amazes me how easy people give up on dogs.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Yeah, I was like owner surrender, WTF?! Oh well, good, because now she's with us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 pm

she is so adorable! you are lucky to have a softy for a husband Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 pm

The videos are so cute! And Asia is SO DARN adorable!!! Mya will get over it. Chili was SUCH a brat the first few weeks, and Mya is being waaay better than he was! It's awesome that they're teaching her stuff, how cute! They'll make it easier to train her! Their rank may still shake out in the next few weeks - ask Mindy for what magical awesome things she does to get all her dogs to get along! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:55 pm

snrose wrote:
she is so adorable! you are lucky to have a softy for a husband Smile

He was being really stern with his NO WAY, but once she got here, spent the night, and he saw how much she loves Kody and vice versa it was done. LOL
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:03 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
The videos are so cute! And Asia is SO DARN adorable!!! Mya will get over it. Chili was SUCH a brat the first few weeks, and Mya is being waaay better than he was! It's awesome that they're teaching her stuff, how cute! They'll make it easier to train her! Their rank may still shake out in the next few weeks - ask Mindy for what magical awesome things she does to get all her dogs to get along! Smile

Thank you Sam for that wonderful compliment! However, I think Melissa has access to a better example in Kristina! Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:29 am

26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

Thank you Sam for that wonderful compliment! However, I think Melissa has access to a better example in Kristina! Smile

Both you and Kristina have magical ways! Or easier dogs than I do. hehe

Asia is soooo cute! Though I do see mischief in her eyes! Wink Should be sooo much fun watching them play!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:09 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

Asia is soooo cute! Though I do see mischief in her eyes! Wink Should be sooo much fun watching them play!

Mindy, you must have powers too because yours are so calm! I can already the craziness coming out in Asia. She had her first round of zoomies in the yard this morning, but Mya put a stop to that quick Rolling Eyes

I have some new videos that I'll post later on today Smile
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:15 pm

she is so cute!! I am so excited you got her!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Wow, I am in love with Asia! She's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:23 pm

MelissaI wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:
26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

Mindy, you must have powers too because yours are so calm! I can already the craziness coming out in Asia. She had her first round of zoomies in the yard this morning, but Mya put a stop to that quick Rolling Eyes

I have some new videos that I'll post later on today Smile

Ha! Chili also gets mad if she gets the zoomies but we've taught him it's ok. So funny!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:31 pm

You're new profile pic is sooo adorable! And I love all the videos Smile Glad she is settling in nicely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya Empty

Back to top Go down

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next