It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Shed N' Blade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Male Join date : 2009-05-22

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Im sure you all have one but I figured I still throw it out there incase someone didnt know. I have had one for a few months and the amount of hair that comes off Ruger is enough to start my own clothing line. My Florida lawn looks snow covered when I brush him outside. Its really not that expensive, works well, and is easy to use. I have never used the Furminator or any other similar products so I dont know how well it compares to that, but for the money the Shed N' Blade is the way to go. Hope this helps someone and if theres anything better out there feel free to throw a suggestion out there for me.

Shed N' Blade D_7464
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 pm

I love my Shed N' Blade and it only costs $10 from Walmart Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:06 pm

So simple and work like a charm...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Is that different then the rake? God I was brushing Jack this morning like I do every morning because he does not seem to ever stop shedding! We have so many piles of hair on our lawn I keep hoping the birds will pick it up or it will fly away. Do puppies shed more then when they are an adult? Sierra does not shed at all
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:13 pm

This is it. $10 at Walmart. SO worth it. It can also be used as a sweat scraper for horses.

Shed N' Blade 0706532918508_500X500
Back to top Go down
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Yep, such a simple product. And its CHEAP. But yeah I was wondering that too...do they shed more when they are older or younger? Or is it just different for every dog?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:23 pm

checked walmart this weekend and they did not have one Sad i need it to! the "rack" is not cutting it with Jack i brush and brush and it still falls out! i have been late to work the last few days just from brushing him and Sierra is just now starting to shed a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 pm

I ordered it online :-/ I would just go that route Wink
Back to top Go down

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Ok whilst i do love my shed n blade i have found a much much better tool at half the price.
You have probably seen them or even own one....the undercoat comb.
Shed N' Blade 44045_Karlie_Unterwollkamm_1

Plain and simple it is the best tool i have ever used...i can have a full on blow over and done with in a week with this baby.
You just have to know how to use it right.....you hold it flat against the body and comb upwards.
After 20 minutes of brushing with this i can fill a small bin bag and my dog looks great.
Trust me thisis the tool to get.
Back to top Go down
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:21 pm

i own one as well...i have to agree with you they are pretty good
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Can anyone post on how the shedding blade compares with the undercoat rake or the Furminator? I have the Furminator and a double row undercoat rake and they both work quite well. I've even brushed my dog alongside a lady who used the shedding blade on her dog (a mix) and she didn't get anywhere near as much hair off with hers as I did with my tools. But then again her dog was not a husky so it's hard to compare and I didn't feel comfortable enough to ask if I could try hers. lol

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Val i have no idea on the shed n blade V th furminator sorry as i cant seem to find the furminator over here.

The reason i prefer the comb...it holds the fur in the teeth so its easily grabbed and binned....the blade doesnt , the fur just flies everywhere plus it seems to get a lot more out.
Either tool is good though and full blow can be over and done with in a week or just over with them.

Last edited by justme on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I was looking at the furminator but it cost a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah also I had heard somewhere that the Furminator cuts the fur too...
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 pm

justme wrote:
Either tool is good though and full blow can be over and done with in a week or just over with them.

LMAO In my wildest dreams maybe! Very Happy

I think I will stick with the tools I have, just curious how they compare. Dakota started shedding out of the blue about two months ago maybe. It started right when I switched his food back to Evo and I figured it was due to the food switch but it's been 2 months and he hasn't stopped shedding. And when I say he's shedding, it's buckets of fur constantly and no amount of brushing with the Furminator or undercoat rake and no amount of blowing him out with the high velocity dryer helps at all. Seriously, this is worse than his regular bi-annual blows. Sad I'm drowning in fur and after 2 months of this I'm about to lose my mind. I cannot even fathom living with your pack. lol Hubby is even saying if something doesn't stop the shedding soon he's not going to put up with this much fur constantly...I am almost desperate for him to stop shedding. Sad
Back to top Go down
TyphonInc
Puppy
Puppy
TyphonInc

Male Join date : 2009-06-23

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Can anyone post on how the shedding blade compares with the undercoat rake or the Furminator? I have the Furminator and a double row undercoat rake and they both work quite well. I've even brushed my dog alongside a lady who used the shedding blade on her dog (a mix) and she didn't get anywhere near as much hair off with hers as I did with my tools. But then again her dog was not a husky so it's hard to compare and I didn't feel comfortable enough to ask if I could try hers. lol

I have both. The Furminator takes off the under coat much better than shedding blade. I don't believe it cuts the hair at all, his over coat stays real nice. However, Sinatra gets frustrated with the Furminator after a bit, like it may pull some of the under coat that's not ready to come out.

We use both. The Furminator to take out massive amounts of under coat, and the Shedding Brush to even out his coat and to work any areas that Furminator caused an adverse reaction from Sinatra.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:09 pm

TyphonInc wrote:
I have both. The Furminator takes off the under coat much better than shedding blade. I don't believe it cuts the hair at all, his over coat stays real nice. However, Sinatra gets frustrated with the Furminator after a bit, like it may pull some of the under coat that's not ready to come out.

We use both. The Furminator to take out massive amounts of under coat, and the Shedding Brush to even out his coat and to work any areas that Furminator caused an adverse reaction from Sinatra.

Thank you! Very Happy

Newborn
Newborn
GusNBellasMom

Female Join date : 2009-05-30

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Thta shed n blade thing looks exactly like the "curry comb" we use on our show cows. You could probably find it anywhere like an Agway or Tractor Supply store Smile
Back to top Go down
harmonytime
Acoustic Howler
harmonytime

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:34 pm

We have the furminator and Evo agrees with Sinatra - it's nice and lots of that hot undercoat comes out, but after a while it kind of aggravates him! I'll get the comb as well to even out his coat - that's a great idea. But Evo hardly sheds at all. I don't know if it's the mix of Shepherd and Husky or what, but what little hair we do see floating around is wavy and very thin. We're guessing this is normal Husky fur?

Shed N' Blade How_ev10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:26 pm

harmonytime wrote:
I don't know if it's the mix of Shepherd and Husky or what, but what little hair we do see floating around is wavy and very thin. We're guessing this is normal Husky fur?]

How old is Evo? I only ask because both breeds have the double coat and shed profusely so I would be beyond amazed if you got out of the bi-annual blowing of coat.

Acoustic Howler
harmonytime

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:32 pm

How old is Evo? I only ask because both breeds have the double coat and shed profusely so I would be beyond amazed if you got out of the bi-annual blowing of coat.[/quote]

Evo is 11 months old - but he just hasn't shed much since day one. When brushed, we could create a puppy, but the fur rarely comes out on its own. After having our German Shepherd/Mastiff, we expected constant shedding, but our Jack Russell sheds more than Evo.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:35 pm

His age might explain it then, sounds like he hasn't had his first blow yet. Enjoy it while you can, the fur storm will come!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 pm

So we have now gone from a regular dog brush to a rake to a shed n’ blade to now this weekend a furbuster which is like the furminator but from Wal-Mart and I can’t believe the fur it was taking off Sierra, Ken was joking we could make a mini Sierra with all the fur that came off her. I have a feeling I will need to brush her all week to get all the hair out but Jack has a thiner coat and after this weekend I am barley getting any fur off of him! I sure hope this works since I did a house cleaning this weekend and empty 2-3 vacuumed buckets of hair and I had just vacuumed like 3 days ago!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm

jbealer wrote:
So we have now gone from a regular dog brush to a rake to a shed n’ blade to now this weekend a furbuster which is like the furminator but from Wal-Mart and I can’t believe the fur it was taking off Sierra, Ken was joking we could make a mini Sierra with all the fur that came off her. I have a feeling I will need to brush her all week to get all the hair out but Jack has a thiner coat and after this weekend I am barley getting any fur off of him! I sure hope this works since I did a house cleaning this weekend and empty 2-3 vacuumed buckets of hair and I had just vacuumed like 3 days ago!

I have a Furbuster too, same thing as a Furminator under a different name. Totally feel your pain I took mine out for a brush this morning and it looks like we had a dusting of snow on the front lawn...and my sibe has a thin coat! Laughing

Shed N' Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shed N' Blade   Shed N' Blade Empty

Back to top Go down

Shed N' Blade

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1