It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New zip line for the Element

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

New zip line for the Element Empty
PostSubject: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:48 pm

was not sure where to put this but i guessed out doors cause that's why i installed it Smile to take them out to have fun!
New zip line for the Element IMG_20120128_154248
for just about $10 i bought some cable, and clips and now i have a secure way to keep them in the E as long as the handles don't pop off the wall!
i hooked the handle of the leashes to the 2 clips so when we open doors to get ready for our hikes they cant just take off, and if god forbid ever in a bad accident i hope this keeps them in the car and not running away.

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Good idea! Siku will jump out of my car and won't wait for you to get her leash on her. We have a thing in the back that keeps them in the way back of the SUV, so they can't get to the back seats or front seats. I tie Siku to it, so she can't jump out when I open up the back. Elara is the good one and doesn't jump out right away, so I don't have to tie her up too.

New zip line for the Element Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:36 pm

Looks good Jen! Hope it fits your needs, I had tried that in my E when I just had Mikko and Sebo. It was tangle and cry city and now with the addition of Blaze I know it would be hopeless.

They all like my platform though so they can stick there nose out the sunroof.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Brian,
so far so good on the one trip with it. sierra does not move much and jack goes up and down the chair so he stays in one area. we did have to untangle the leashes some but it was not to bad. i saw a zip line set up in a pet store for $22!!! yeah right.
i will update with how it goes later

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Never really tried mine for short trips only ones of 3 plus hours and they were (still are) just too wild. First, I tried individual short 3ft cables to the two child seat hooks in the back, major fail, then the zip line which was better but eventually tangled.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Ginger and Storm are pretty good about not moving around much. Storm will occasionally stand if we have the seats laid out, but we bought one of those hammock set-up for the back seat and just started using it since Storm lays out that we end up having to pile up our gear and bags in one corner. So far the hammock works great and it keeps their fur off the back seat. I was going to try the seat belt attachment that came with their EZYDog chest plate harnesses, but wasn't sure how works with the seat belt....

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:02 pm

cmanding wrote:
I was going to try the seat belt attachment that came with their EZYDog chest plate harnesses, but wasn't sure how works with the seat belt....

I forgot I went that route also. Ever play twister, that's what the seat beat and dogs looked like. Literally pinned Mikko's head to the door he has twisted around so much.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:05 pm

I just looked like the seat belt attachment would be too short unless you use the only seat belt (for one dog) that goes across the lap only....but that would mean the dog would be laying down to be comfy.

So far it works with G&S just hanging out in the hammock....Storm seems to be comfy any which way as long as he laying down Smile

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
I forgot I went that route also. Ever play twister, that's what the seat beat and dogs looked like. Literally pinned Mikko's head to the door he has twisted around so much.

i tried that with one Eddy gave me, Jack got all jacked up! it was last yr with my wrist surgery on the way to a meet. ken was driving, i had to climb into the back to untangle him at a stop light!
im hoping the zip will act more for the god forbid moment and keep them in the car.
i do hope it will ease me loading gear up at a trail head as well. time will tell.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Tried the seat belt attachment also and they both got tangled all up immediately Shocked Then we got the Kurgo Zip Line and that worked in the Camry to keep them in the car when opening the door, but doesn't work well in the SRX. It does have these mini hooks that I can tie them up too so that's worked OK, but I can only tie up Kody. If I tie up Mya then when pacing around the back they get all tangled. Mya is not a happy camper when she's tangled up. So for now, I have to literally jump into the back and hold them while hubby pops open the back. Needless to say, I can't go anywhere with both of them alone. Or I can, but I would still have to jump into the back. Have them sit and wait and jump out with me.

My dogs...they're not well in the head Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New zip line for the Element   New zip line for the Element Empty

Back to top Go down

New zip line for the Element

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1