It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Best priced online stores for treats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Best priced online stores for treats Empty
PostSubject: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 pm

i know we have all mentioned our fav. place to get food and treats online and i cant find a thread so i thought i would start one.
feel free to post the link to your fav. place to shop online, maybe its the customer service or the free shipping or the best price i want to know Smile
i have a feeling i might be buying more treats online this yr and i don't want to get ripped off and i want them to be safe it eat.
thanks!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I don't have one best priced online place since prices fluctuate all the time. But the places I order from the most often include Amazon, NaturalK9Supplies, EntirelyPets, and DoggieFood. I'm pretty sure all those sites will come up if you just add ".com" to the end. But prices fluctuate so much that I always shop around before each and every order.

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 pm

^^^^Ditto

edit: I usually just type in what I want into Google shopper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
^^^^Ditto
Well i guess my thing is i dont know what i want so shopping is a bit harder, just looking for good treats.
i looked at natK9 but i wish their pages worked better for sorting.

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:12 pm

jbealer wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:
^^^^Ditto
Well i guess my thing is i dont know what i want so shopping is a bit harder, just looking for good treats.
i looked at natK9 but i wish their pages worked better for sorting.

It helps to go to a upscale pet food store if you have one nearby. Read labels and get an idea of what you want then go buy it online.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Luckily the pet store around the corner from me sells the Taste of the Wild food...I plan on Googling that to see if any online stores are cheaper.

I love 3 Dogs & A Chick
http://3dogsandachick.com/

She makes awesome treats! Thought I might try my own hand at hometrade treats too!

Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 pm

I pretty much buy ALL G&S's treats frm Natural K9 Supplies. I used to check around and shop for prices, and will almost always find NK9S has the best prices. Besides, I will order a bunch at a time so it's always free shipping or an additional 15% off which makes is free shipping plus a few more dollars off the total price.

Jenn,
If you ever want to piggy-back on my order to get at least free shipping, just let me know. I order at LEAST once a month from NK9S.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Also when placing an order online be sure to check on available promo codes at places like,

www.retailmenot.com

If it wasn't for the promo codes that, www.wag.com has they probably wouldn't get my business
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Right now www.mrchewey.com has 15% OFF and free 1-2 day shipping on $49 or more orders.

I shop around for the best deals as well but if you don't know what you are wanting that would be hard.

My dogs love the Wellness WellBars Yogurt, Apples and Bananas Dog Treats. I got a great holiday special last month on the 50oz box. I got enough for 6 months supply. I love that they don't crumble so the last one in the box is still whole. Meredith also got them hooked on fruitables. They are a bit more expensive but the dogs LOVE them. Heck I think I would too, they smell delicious!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:35 pm

majority of my treats are 1 or 2 ingredients only. that's it. the ingredient list has no more than 2 things listed. otherwise, i'm making their treats....

len, thanks for that coupon code site!

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I've also found a website called "Ebates.com" that gives you cash back from participating stores! The percentage ranges, but it definitely adds up if you're purchasing treats/food from month to month. They can put it in a paypal account or send you a check every quarter. They also display promo codes that might help you save more.

I get $10 for every person that joins and spends $25 (if you're referred through me).

Wag.com currently has 1% CB right now. Most stores are around 2-5%. Sometimes they have double cash-back.
Other stores are PetcareRX.com, dog.com, petfood.com, petco, petfooddirect, and petsupplies.com. lol

So far, Mrchewy.com has my pet food the cheapest. Free shipping and no taxes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I always shop around, but I usually end up at the same sites for their prices.

www.petguys.com has Red Barn and Zukes treats really cheap. A bag of the Bully Nuggets is 3.39 on PetGuys, and at my local petstore, the same size bag is about 12.

www.dog.com and www.petsupplies.com are pretty much the same company, but PetSupplies tends to be a little bit cheaper.

www.bestbullysticks.com is where we get all of our bullysticks and other chewy bits from. They have good prices, but they've rally been going up lately. Still cheaper than anywhere else that I've found though.

www.doggiefood.com is another good one.

PetcareRX.com be wary of that one. I've bought from them before, but they really really harass you about buying more. I was even getting phone calls every few nights to get a "refill" of TOTW food. When you call to tell them to leave you alone, they just offer you a coupon. And I know several people who were double charged by them and had a lot of trouble getting it fixed. Definitely not a fan.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Myndi wrote:
I always shop around, but I usually end up at the same sites for their prices.

www.petguys.com has Red Barn and Zukes treats really cheap. A bag of the Bully Nuggets is 3.39 on PetGuys, and at my local petstore, the same size bag is about 12.

www.dog.com and www.petsupplies.com are pretty much the same company, but PetSupplies tends to be a little bit cheaper.

www.bestbullysticks.com is where we get all of our bullysticks and other chewy bits from. They have good prices, but they've rally been going up lately. Still cheaper than anywhere else that I've found though.

www.doggiefood.com is another good one.

PetcareRX.com be wary of that one. I've bought from them before, but they really really harass you about buying more. I was even getting phone calls every few nights to get a "refill" of TOTW food. When you call to tell them to leave you alone, they just offer you a coupon. And I know several people who were double charged by them and had a lot of trouble getting it fixed. Definitely not a fan.

Omg! I definitely didn't know that about PetcareRX. I did notice that when I clicked the "x" on their site, they're like "BUT WAIT! BUY NOW AND GET 15% OFF!" Wtf? lol. I guess I'll avoid them. There are other stores I can buy from. Thanks for the tip!!

Never heard of a bully nugget before. ;o I'm looking for something that my pup can chew on. She's not interested in the kong yet but I've got her chewing on some hides. She's starting to get bored of those too lol. I'll check out this bullystick thing you speak of. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:40 pm

I get all my treats for Ginger and Storm at NaturalK9Supplies.com.

I've found they have the best prices for what I buy. And I usually buy enough to get free shipping and then don't have to buy again for another 4-6 weeks. You can always coupon code BARK10 for an additional 10% off their discounted prices.

Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am

VintageJeans wrote:
Never heard of a bully nugget before. ;o I'm looking for something that my pup can chew on. She's not interested in the kong yet but I've got her chewing on some hides. She's starting to get bored of those too lol. I'll check out this bullystick thing you speak of. Very Happy

Bullysticks are awesome Very Happy They're completely digestible, unlike rawhides, and great for teething and keeping teeth clean. The bully nuggets are actually puffed chunks of lamb that are marinated with bullysticks, so they taste like them. At best bully sticks, we usually get 4" bullysticks, tracheas, lung puffs, gullets, and tripe (especially tripe - its one of the favorites). At Christmas, tehy each get a few full-size bullysticks that are like 36" and they go crazy for those Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm

I haven't really gotten in to buying their treats online yet...but I have ordered their food from wag.com and right now for July there's a code to get $10 off of TOTW food if you spend $49. That code is: 5QXCAY83. See if it works for you. Smile

I got some bully sticks at Chuck and Don's and Dakota finished hers within a couple of hours. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Myndi wrote:
VintageJeans wrote:

Bullysticks are awesome Very Happy They're completely digestible, unlike rawhides, and great for teething and keeping teeth clean. The bully nuggets are actually puffed chunks of lamb that are marinated with bullysticks, so they taste like them. At best bully sticks, we usually get 4" bullysticks, tracheas, lung puffs, gullets, and tripe (especially tripe - its one of the favorites). At Christmas, tehy each get a few full-size bullysticks that are like 36" and they go crazy for those Twisted Evil

I learn something new everyday! I had no idea that rawhides were undigestible. I will switch to the bullysticks. lol. I bet they're handy on car rides too! 36 inches! Wow! haha. I love giving dogs christmas gifts! I even wrap them and let them go to town lol.

Thanks for your help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best priced online stores for treats   Best priced online stores for treats Empty

Back to top Go down

Best priced online stores for treats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1