It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Upset and frustrated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Upset and frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I inquired about a Siberian being rehomed and I was told that I would be the ideal/perfect candidate for this dog. The family was really happy with everything that I had to say. And we even offered to drive the entire distance to get it (with Bella).

I was informed that I wouldn't be getting the dog and that it would be going to a person who spoke up first for it. And it would be going to its new home this weekend.

This dog is now listed up on petfinder as being up for adoption (by the person it went to)

Sad(((

I am beyond upset/angry/frustrated.

Upset and frustrated Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Wow! Do you think the new person got her just to resell her?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 pm

That's what my dad thinks and I'm going along with that line of thinking.

I do know - that if that is the case - the dog was taken under false pretense. As it was to be taken as a pet only - not to be adopted out. The only thing I could think of is that I was lied to and they knew or the family really didn't know and believed this other person.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Who would have thought all the headaches that come with trying to adopt. I was pretty upset with everything that kept happening to me and I am working on letting it go. Try not to let this get you down. I had to repeat to myself what everyone on here was saying, that if it was meant to be, it will happen. Just think of it as there is a better option waiting for you.

Last edited by 26nikita on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Yeah. That's what my dad says; It just wasn't meant to be this time.

It just blows my mind, really. "We really want our dog to go to you! You sound perfect for it!"

*gives to someone else*

wut?

You know what I mean?

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Yep! I do! It's really hard not to take it personally. People just want the easiest way out. They probably saw an option of someone local verses you having to travel. Or maybe the other people said they would pick her up sooner...who knows!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:47 pm

I suppose Smile Thanks for talking with me Smile.

I dunno. The plan initially was that we'd have been getting the dog tomorrow (had we'd been giving the dog). The family just wanted to chat it over. But within an hour I had gotten a response of them choosing this other person.

I do know they didn't like that I don't have a fenced in yard. But I made sure to tell them that Bella gets all of the exercise she needs and more (2 mile + walks plus bikejoring on a regular basis) and they were really happy to hear that.

Oh well, I guess. I suppose I really just needed a place to vent Sad I apologize!

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Don't apologize! I did plenty of venting!! Very Happy I'm still a bit sore about how things turned out for me but I am working on letting it go! I completely understand how you are feeling!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks Smile

I even tried to help them out with keeping the dog! -_-

Giving them ways to work with it - ways to exercise - training tips to mentally wear it out - toys to get!

Looking back I should have seen the signs that they really just didn't care enough to try and keep it or make things work Sad.

Last edited by Niraya on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:56 pm

How much money are they asking for her on petfinder?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm

$200 to be adopted.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Did the original family want $200 for her as well? If so, then you atleast know they aren't just reselling the dog. Either way, it's pretty crappy that they are getting rid of her so soon after getting her.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 pm

No. They just wanted to re-home her. no charge.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 pm

OH! Well then that's shady! I wonder if the original family knows. You should shoot them an email telling them.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 pm

I did earlier when I found out. I thought it was super crappy!

But if they did know - I can already foresee that I won't be getting an email back. They claimed that she was going there as a personal pet for the family and she WASN'T going to be adopted out (the person runs a rescue). But if they didn't know I doubt there is anything they can do to get her back. Unless they wrote up a contract stating she couldn't be adopted out.

I was kinda confused as to why it was even a debate to figure where the dog would go. lol

Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:14 pm

This is total crap.You need to contact the original owner and let them know they have been scammed. Is there a way to post the names of these lowlifes on Petfinder. What they did is so wrong. Sometimes people just SUCK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Niraya wrote:
They claimed that she was going there as a personal pet for the family and she WASN'T going to be adopted out (the person runs a rescue).

Honestly, I think they lied to you. I will be surprised if you get an email back.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Beck - I sent the original family an email already (to avoid any thing unsavory that I might have said in my frustration if I had called them). I'm waiting for a response but my hopes are not high as I think they may have known she was going to the rescue for adoption and just told me that she was going there as a pet of the people who run the rescue.

Mindy - I think they did too. Sad I'll be just as surprised as you will be if I do get one!

What I don't get is why they would lead -me- on. Why they would put up the front that they were genuinely concerned where she went and that they wanted -constant- updates and pictures about how she was doing (had she come to me). they voiced their concern about sending her to the rescue owners for fear that she WOULD be adopted out despite being told she wouldn't - and then send her there anyway.

Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear about all of the trouble. I'm glad that you tried to let the original owners know about it. Unfortunately there are many scammers that are "dog flipping" where they get dogs for free or a very low cost, presenting to want the pet and then sell them for substantial fee for profit. The original owners may never know.

If the original owners were aware and lied to you, then screw them. It makes me sick to think that they would knowingly give this dog to them when a very capable, loving husky owner wanted to give her a real home.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks, Dee!

I've calmed down quite a bit since I originally found out. I'm still pretty angry - I think just about the entire situation in general.

And it makes me upset to think of what could happen to the dog Sad.

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Dog flipping happens here all the time especially with the "designer mutts." (Buffalo,NY)

You watch that areas Craigslist and don't be surprised to see it pop up on there soon.

Sucks for you and the Husky, likely cause of greed
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Well, you'll just have to wait and get a nice show dog instead! Razz

Upset and frustrated Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:32 pm

SaraB wrote:
Well, you'll just have to wait and get a nice show dog instead! Razz

xD exactly!

If all goes well - a little over a year I think Bella would be ready for the addition of a puppy!

It does suck for the dog Sad. I think he would have been an awesome addition for us!

But it just wasn't meant to be - I guess.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:44 pm

well just thought I'd tell everyone that I never got an email back from the family.

But I decide to send this rescue an email about him to see where they stand on the story.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm curious what they will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upset and frustrated   Upset and frustrated Empty

Back to top Go down

Upset and frustrated

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next