It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Need an AKC name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-06-03

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:02 pm

So I need to come up with an AKC name for Ghost. I'm not sure what to do for it but I've heard that people generally put the parent's names in there and/or the name of the breeder they came from. Glacier Pine Husky's is the name of the place, his mom's name is: Amiya Tikaani B Glacier (Amiya for short) and his dad's name is: Mahlin Nanuq Ataneq Glacier (Nanuq for short). I'm not good with these things and my hubby doesn't really care what his AKC name is so could you guys help me? The only thing I can come up with that doesn't sound awful is: Nanuq's Glacier Ghost. Anyone have any better ideas?
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:24 pm

If the breeder doesn't care what's in the name, you can make it whatever you want. Our first breeder didn't care what Siku's AKC name was, so we just made it Siku (and AKC made it Siku VIII). Elara's breeder wanted her kennel name in it, so her AKC name is Allure's Total Lunar Eclipse (picked her up on the day of the eclipse). So it can be whatever you like. Have fun with it. We have a few saved up just in case we ever get another dog and they are all lyrics from songs like "Allure's Little Thing Called Love."

Need an AKC name Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 pm

The breeder does not care what's in it, she just told us to try and make it unique. I would like to have something to do with white in it, like blizzard or snow because he's white. I'll just have to play around with a few things and see what I can come up with. I still would like to hear other suggestions to help me get an idea.
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 pm

I've come up with:
Nanuq's Glacier Ghost
Glacier's Ghost Tornado
Glacier Ghost Pines
Glacier Pine's Ghost
Plumb's Demon Ghost

Which one do you guys like the best?

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Ghost in Glacier Pines?
Amiyas Glacier Ghost?
Nanuqs Ghost shadow?

IDK. I've never had to do one with my dogs. Although I wish I could have, names are fun!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I really like Nanuqs Ghost Shadow. Has a ring to it. I would have never thought of that.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:35 pm

What about swithing the Ghost and Shadow to make Nanuqs Shadow Ghost... I also like your first choice of Nanuq's Glacier Ghost.
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 am

I came up with Glacier's Ghost Storm while swimming. I should swim more lol.
Back to top Go down

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 am

I registed Koda as Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe purely as a joke out of love for Avatar.. Rogue is Rogue's Messiah Complex for obvious reasons. I just had fun with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ambrose
Puppy
Puppy
Ambrose

Female Join date : 2011-08-06

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:53 am

When I showed Danes the breeders kennel was a nonnegotiable and if the male was from a different kennel we might out 'v Dads kennel name' for instance my male was Harrel's Hudson River Radiance v Witamy. So the dissection of the name is Harrel owned the bitch and Witamy the dog. Hudson was his call name and Radiance was my 'kennel' name. Make sense?
Glacier Pines Galant Ghost
Glacier Pines Good-boy Ghost
Glacier Pines Gorgeous Ghost
Glacier Pines Grand Ghost
Glacier Pines Growling Ghoul Ghost

Hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

How about:

Steve Martin's Jerky Ghost of Shithead

1979 movie "The Jerk" one of my all time favorite dorky movie. (big Steve Martin comedy fan)

Motel Guest: Don't call that dog "lifesaver;" call him "shithead."
Back to top Go down

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
How about:

Steve Martin's Jerky Ghost of Shithead

1979 movie "The Jerk" one of my all time favorite dorky movie. (big Steve Martin comedy fan)

Motel Guest: Don't call that dog "lifesaver;" call him "shithead."

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need an AKC name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need an AKC name   Need an AKC name Empty

Back to top Go down

Need an AKC name

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-