It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Waggin Tails Discount!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Waggin Tails Discount! Empty
PostSubject: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey all... just got this in my email and thought I'd share Smile

Discount codes for Waggintails.com. This is the cheapest place I have found to buy THK. I just bought 2 10 lb boxes of Keen plus a small thing of treats (to get me over $100) for $94 SHIPPED. That makes the Keen $45/box and I've used them before... they deliver within just a few days (super fast shipping).

Here are the codes in case anyone is interested Smile
Waggin Tails Discount! Discou10

Waggin Tails Discount! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Darn! They don't carry Zeal or Orijen 6-fish
Sad

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 pm

NICE!! Too bad I *just* bought a box of Keen maybe two weeks ago... :-( And I'm stocked up on kibble for both the cat and the dog. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:13 pm

BOO!! Sad

Yeah... We JUST bought recently too... but the boxes have a year long shelf life, and if I don't have to buy more going into the wedding, I'm happy, lol.

Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:17 pm

However, they DO carry Cosmo's cat litter and his canned food (which we are OUT of right now). So I do get to use it. Sqweeeee!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 pm

You can also check Natural K9 Supplies. Their Keen is $.50 less than Waggin Tails, and they also have additional 10% off the total, and the more you buy, the less shipping becomes. I usually end up buys over $100 and I end up paying around $5 in shipping after the 10% discount.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 pm

That is a good deal Smile This waggin tails discount just ended up being more this time around (I normally get coupons from them and it ends up being $100 shipped too, this coupon was just extra good)! Thanks for the tip!

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I'm almost out of Orijen and Kody didn't do well on TOTW so I have to restock for now (sigh). Oh, I'm almost out of Keen also so it looks like I'll try visiting Natural K9 this week =)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:11 pm

I get just about everything from Natural K9 Supplies. I think the only thing I don't get is Storm's WC GF RF kibble and THK. I've been finding THK coupons, so far, to buy it from the local pet store (to support local businesses), which would equal the amount I would get it from NK9S.

Until I find another place that's cheaper for the stuff I get G&S, which usually I don't find anywhere else, I really do like NK9S.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:02 pm

So I definitely needed to order more dehydrated raw food for my pack. Did some comparison shopping at Waggin' Tails (I've ordered from there before but only once since their prices have never impressed me), my favorite place to order from DoggieFood.com, and NaturalK9Supplies.

I had intended to purchase my usual 4 boxes of THK Keen at $47.50/10 lb box at DoggieFood. I ended up buying three 10 lb bags of Grandma Lucy's grain free, freeze dried raw at a much better price at NaturalK9Supplies. With the 10% off it made shipping free and took a little extra off the product price. I used to get THK Keen (grain inclusive) at $1.10/lb shipped but on today's order I got Grandma Lucy's (grain free) in both chicken and pork for even cheaper at $0.98/lb shipped!!! Awesome deal! I got a better food at a cheaper price...whoo! Happy camper over here!

Thanks for the heads up on NaturalK9, Claudia! Very Happy Now I finally get to try Grandma Lucy's out with my pack, been wanting to try it FOREVER but the price has never been good enough to justify switching from the usually cheaper THK. bounce

Last edited by Huskyluv on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Do you rehydrate it?

I do Grandma Lucy's freeze dried trail mix, sweet potato chips and her just chicken, fish and tuna...I didn't think the dog food would be any cheaper than THK...must check it out..

I'm due to place an order at Natural K9 Supplies soon...

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Grandma Lucy's is freeze dried raw, not dehydrated. Dehydrated and freeze dried are quite close in nutritional value but freeze dried is slightly better because it's flash frozen and not heated like dehydrated foods. Freeze drying preserves more nutrients so all things being equal, FD is preferable to dehydrated.

The best part is that Grandma Lucy's is grain free yet it cost me less than the grain inclusive THK Keen. How's that for a deal?!

I've always recommended Grandma Lucy's, I just have never personally fed it due to price. I could always get THK cheaper which is why I went the HK route.

The Grandma Lucy's Artisan chicken is normally the cheapest formula but right now the Pork formula is actually cheaper so I ordered three 10 lb bags (1 chicken & 2 pork).

If you want to compare price per lb to figure out what would be the best price for you:
THK's 10 lb box makes 43 lbs of food.
Grandma Lucy's 10 lb bag makes 55 lbs of food.

Last edited by Huskyluv on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh and yes, you rehydrate it with water the same way as you do with THK. 1 cup of Grandma Lucy's mixed with 1 cup of water, wait 5 minutes, makes 1 lb of fresh food.

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:38 am

The only thing I didn't like much about Grandma Lucy's is that it doesn't seem to have much meat in it. Towards the end of my bag I was scrounging for the pieces of venison!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:03 am

I don't think Grandma Lucy's has any less meat than THK, I guess with THK it's so finely ground down that you don't know what's meat vs the rest of the ingredients in some cases. I do prefer the chunkier dehydrated/FD raw options such as Grandma Lucy's and Sojos consistency over the soupier types like THK.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am

Would Nature's Variety be comparable to THK and Grandma Lucy's? What I do like about NV is that is also has organ and bone along with the fruits/veggies...

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm

The freeze dried Nature's Variety foods are actually better than THK and Grandma Lucy's as far as ingredients go. But with that better food comes a much higher price tag. The FD NV patties I would consider on par with Stella & Chewy's FD patties. I do prefer S&C FD patties over NV though, that recall a year or two ago on NV's raw made me a little nervous about NV ever since. I would go with the Stella & Chewy's FD patties over NV's FD patties any day...plus, I think the S&C is a tad bit cheaper (don't quote me on that though).

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Nope, you're right, S&C FD are cheaper.

I did see that NV FD had 'treats' and if it's small nuggets like the Vial Essentials I found in my local pet store, NV is cheaper - so I ordered it to try it out.

PostSubject: Re: Waggin Tails Discount!   Waggin Tails Discount! Empty

Back to top Go down

Waggin Tails Discount!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1