It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dog Sitter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 pm

So we Left S&J with a dog sitter over the weekend as all our friends were busy and could not watch them. We only got one referral for a lady, but the referral came from a vet from someone in our rescue so i thought that was pretty good. we met her last weekend to see how they liked her and we liked her so we hired her. She came and spent the night at our house Sat and Sun. I am happy to report that as far as I know nothing bad happened! S&J were the first huskies she has ever watched so that had me somewhat nervous but i stuck with my gut in knowing she would do a good job. we were informed that Jack slept with her every night and Sierra stayed on her bed. they showed her where to walk them around the block and they seemed really happy when we got home, sure they were happy to see us but i could tell they also had a good 2 days without us. the lady told us they warmed right up to her and she was not used to that, she said when she spends the night the first time at a person's home the dog is always on edge and does not sleep well but that our two slept the night away. She did say she was concerned when she saw how easily jack hopped the chicken wire fence and she was worried that he would jump the wood fence! S&J did not eat anything in the house and they did not encounter any lose dogs on their walks so i was really happy with the service and will keep her in mind the next time we need a sitter. it was worth spending the extra money for someone to come and stay at our home vs. a kennel or doggie daycare place.
Just thought i would let you all know that they made their momma happy with their good behavior! i was so worried they would do something and this lady would never want to watch them or huskies again but I know they left a good impression on her Smile

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 pm

YAY YAY YAYYYY!!! I'm so glad you guys had a good experience. I may hit you up for a referral in the future, too...
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 pm

glad to hear!
i keep thinking our time is coming near when we have to leave Ginger in the care of someone else for more than 2 nights....

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Well you two know that as long as we have nothing going on we are free to watch yours as well... just not sure about the raw feeding...

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm

That is so great, yay for Sierra and Jack being so good! Wish I knew a good person to watch ours if we ever needed to leave them.

Hubby proposed we take a trip to Alaska this summer but I don't trust anyone watching my dogs...especially my sibe. I always wanted to take Dakota to Alaska too but that would involve flying him over too and that in and of itself is super stressful also. *sigh* A trip to Alaska might not be in the cards this year. Sad

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Val, pay for my ticket and I will stay at ur home and watch ur dogs Smile

I would love to go to alaska one day. My parents went and I had to stay home and watch the dog... that and I was in college.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm

That's awesome that you found somebody that they like and that you can trust just in case your friends aren't around! My best friend used to be the one that would come watch Mya, but she left me and moved to GA! My mother in law would watch Mya (no walks though) and it was fine since she lives in front of us, but now with Kody it's going to be a big problem. He goes absolutely ballistic when he sees her. Jumping all over her and being mouthy and she's scared of him..lol. He won't do anything to her, but she's kinda new to big dogs. My cousins wedding is at the end of May in CT and it looks to me like I'm going to have to go minus the hubs =(
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:25 pm

jbealer wrote:

Very Happy Now I would trust someone like you that has experience with sibes! Thought about driving them down to FL to stay with my mom for a week or so but she works full time and my dogs are not used to being left for 9 hours a day. At most they are only left at home 3-4 hours per week. I wish dogs could sit next to you on a plane if you paid for the seat. Razz

cmanding

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:48 pm

jbealer wrote:
Well you two know that as long as we have nothing going on we are free to watch yours as well... just not sure about the raw feeding...

You wouldn't have to feed raw if you ever had to watch Ginger for us. Smile

Huskyluv wrote:
jbealer wrote:

Very Happy Now I would trust someone like you that has experience with sibes! Thought about driving them down to FL to stay with my mom for a week or so but she works full time and my dogs are not used to being left for 9 hours a day. At most they are only left at home 3-4 hours per week. I wish dogs could sit next to you on a plane if you paid for the seat. Razz

If Jenn flies over to watch your dogs, I can watch Sierra and Jack while she's gone...then you can go take a trip to Alaska! Smile

Or, if you get Dakota certified as a service dog, he CAN sit in the plane with you!

Huskyluv

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 pm

cmanding wrote:
If Jenn flies over to watch your dogs, I can watch Sierra and Jack while she's gone...then you can go take a trip to Alaska! Smile

Or, if you get Dakota certified as a service dog, he CAN sit in the plane with you!

What a perfect plan! Hmm, can I get a service dog in training badge for him to wear so that his unruly behavior will pass and he can fly? Laughing Oh how I wish!

It would be so cool to take him to Alaska with us and visit a sled dog kennel where he could be hooked up with an experienced team and pull a sled (or cart) as part of a team. Oh how I dream. *sigh*

cmanding

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
It would be so cool to take him to Alaska with us and visit a sled dog kennel where he could be hooked up with an experienced team and pull a sled (or cart) as part of a team. Oh how I dream. *sigh*

I don't think you have to go ALL the way to Alaska for that....Maybe just to Colorado! Smile There are sled teams here, and there are mentor programs from people that participate in sled races with their sibes. I don't know if they would hook up Dakota with their pack, but the mentor program would help you get Dakota to start pulling.

I don't think a road trip to Colorado would be too bad...?? Just sayin'...
Very Happy

Huskyluv

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

LOL CO is still a loooong drive!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Haha- all joking aside... depending on the time of year, my plane ticket from up here would be a lot cheaper and I could still work from your house so long as I had internet... just sayin Razz

GO TO ALASKA! Smile I wish I had the money for something like that right now!

ETA: Back on topic, glad it worked out Jenn! We love our pet sitter Smile Don't have her staying overnight just yet, but we could if we wanted her to. Right now she just comes and Koda and Hailey have been alright by themselves... so here's hoping!

Dog Sitter Hailey10
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:16 am

I want to doggy sit when I was a kid, but now I learned how hard it's to take care of a dog when I adopted Sibhee but I also know how rewarding it is. Well, If you are willing to pay me, I would gladly doggy sit your dog. lol! Just kidding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dog Sitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Sitter   Dog Sitter Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog Sitter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1