It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn Empty
PostSubject: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyTue May 02, 2017 6:38 pm

So we are baby sitting a foster in our rescue while his foster home is on vacation. Ghost is an 8 month old husky and i am learning why i said i would never have a puppy.....
I picked him up Sat at noon.
He is adorable and loves to be picked up and give kisses, BUT he also has those lovely puppy teeth that go after your ankles, feet and hands!
S&J seem to be tolerating him, not in love with him. Jack and Ghost will rough house for a few min but not for very long or very often.
the biggest struggle is walking them by myself. Ghost has puppy ADD and can not walk in a straight line, he really pisses off S&J on walks who just want to walk and not be bumped into or have a puppy latch on to their neck to try and play! the leash tangling is a whole other issue, i am so afraid i will drop his leash in the shuffle.
he has destroyed so many toys already! he also trys to put in his mouth/try to eat everything, worse then Sierra.
Everyone is voting we will keep him, i keep telling them all thats not gonna happen, we are a 2 dog family.

I will update as the week goes on, here are some pictures and video so far.

By sunday afternoon they were touching! Vs. the sat and sunday morning teeth showing
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170416

killing another toy
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170417

After waking me up at 3:30am monday to play this is how i work up to him when my alarm went off
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170510

Yesterday morning

This was yesterday morning after the walk and playing fetch, yes he brings the ball back!

Last edited by jbealer on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyTue May 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Jennifer, mind if I laugh?? Okay, my pair weren't anywhere as well behaved as yours but then I don't mind since we have plenty of room if it's needed.

Add Sky...

What was an organized mess has now turned into chaos. I've never had to crate a dog before - in my life!! Now it's either crate her or have wet / smooshy spots all over the house STILL!!!!!

At least you can give her back to the fosters - Sky just seems to be my problem .... two dogs is fun, three are a real PITA!!!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyTue May 02, 2017 7:33 pm

He matches your two so well though!!! LOLOL . I'm with you though, as much as I love huskies, two is my limit. I had my Malamute (12 years old!) when I had gotten Blitz and Anuschka (9 weeks old!) and it really was great, but three dogs, I just felt I wasn't giving one enough attention, and when one of them is 12 years old, I didn't want that one to be the one that didn't feel as loved Sad and walks, OMG! Imagine TWO puppies and a 12 year old, hahaha.

Great pics Jennifer, he's a beautiful puppy!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyTue May 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Al, Laugh away! I hope i have a house left after he leaves!!! he is in sierra's crate during the day, i heard him crying when i left today, hope he did not do that all day.... of course everyone with 3 dogs is like hey its not so bad do it, but really i think they just want me to suffer as much as they are! kind of like people with kids telling me i need one Wink
As much as Sierra is a PIA, i really do have it pretty good with those 2 Smile i almost forget about the days of training when we first got them and all the destruction!

Jimmy, that's the other thing, Sierra is 14 and deserves to spend the rest of her years getting loved on by us and not being bugged by a teenager!

Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyTue May 02, 2017 11:09 pm

I like having 3. Kenzi and Kye can play and give keno a break. I don't like having puppies though so I don't think having three adults is so bad but can understand your preference to not deal with puppies. Kye is around 2 and didn't initially like the crate much either. It took a couple weeks to get a rhythm but we did. A walking belt makes the tangled leashes a thing of the past. He does fit right in with your pack though. Looks like he belongs.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyTue May 02, 2017 11:30 pm

Uh... I'm stressed almost to the limit with 2!!! Feel like I'm short changing Ami, Z'ev spends too much time in the crate. So, very nice of you too baby sit, nice to be able to send him back. Though I do envy you the easy rapport between the three.

Back to top Go down
buffedout
Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

Male Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyWed May 03, 2017 2:04 am

Well, props to you.

Mine takes continual...often continuous...supervision and training at 5 months old. I'm getting there...but I couldn't imagine having three of these suckers around.

Yet.

Looking forward to meeting all of them at the dog park soon.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyWed May 03, 2017 2:39 am

Jennifer, I agree 100% with you. My situation was a lot different than yours, my Malamute had just lost his lifelong bud, our Husky Nikita. Believe it or not, the 2 pups motivated him, I swear he was aging right before my eyes after Nikita passed away. He was actually 13, not 12...because he passed away just short of his 16th birthday, snd I know he lived 2+ years with the pups, but I truly believe had I not brought those pups, he wouldn't have lasted that long being by himself. He taught those pups a lot! And they totally respected him. After he passed away, I often thought there was a little piece of him still alive, in Blitz and Anuschka.
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

Male Join date : 2014-11-02

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyWed May 03, 2017 2:47 am

You have to keep him!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lepp1892
Teenager
Teenager
lepp1892

Male Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyWed May 03, 2017 10:22 am

Oh man! He's so cute! you should keep him.. He is Gabby's twin though. If you made him Bi-eyed, I could barely tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:09 pm

After i was turned into a human chew toy, (need to get pictures of my arms!!!) trying to sleep, this took place in the bedroom while i was still in bed....

I will say today was the first day i let him tug on my heart, just keep saying, i can't keep him.....

Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:23 pm

In my household, once they play they stay. Look how much fun Jack has and it gives Sierra a break. lol. She's so cute when she gets worked up though. Seems like a healthy group.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:10 pm

So jealous. Why can't Z'ev be like that Sad
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyThu May 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Dangggggg, Jack sounds like a friggen bear!!! LOLOL. At first I thought someone was in bed snoring, hahaha, but when Jack really started going I was like dangggggg.

I love the way Jack and Sierra formed a team. Sierra stayed right next to Jack. I swear Sierra and Mishka could be related, they are so alike in mannerisms. Mishka's father is tiny and light red just like Sierra too. He is much younger but who knows somewhere along the lines
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyThu May 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Yes Jack is a beast, he causes a lot of issues at the dog parks, people get so afraid of him. I'm constantly telling people everything's fine he's just playing that's how he sounds. For as long as I can remember Jack and Sierra have always teamed up like that with any of our visitors that have come to the house or even at the dog park they have quite the bond together.
I just love Ciara's facial expressions in the video cuz a lot of the time she's looking at me like is it okay Mom

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyThu May 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I love Sisi's face! She looks at you like..mom....really. lol.

And Jack has such a deep voice! Omg.

Puppies are cute but they are the spawn of satan at the same time.

buffedout
Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

Male Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyFri May 05, 2017 2:19 am

jbealer wrote:
So we are baby sitting a foster in our rescue while his foster home is on vacation. Ghost is an 8 month old husky and i am learning why i said i would never have a puppy.....
I picked him up Sat at noon.
He is adorable and loves to be picked up and give kisses, BUT he also has those lovely puppy teeth that go after your ankles, feet and hands!
S&J seem to be tolerating him, not in love with him. Jack and Ghost will rough house for a few min but not for very long or very often.
the biggest struggle is walking them by myself. Ghost has puppy ADD and can not walk in a straight line, he really pisses off S&J on walks who just want to walk and not be bumped into or have a puppy latch on to their neck to try and play! the leash tangling is a whole other issue, i am so afraid i will drop his leash in the shuffle.
he has destroyed so many toys already! he also trys to put in his mouth/try to eat everything, worse then Sierra.
Everyone is voting we will keep him, i keep telling them all thats not gonna happen, we are a 2 dog family.

I will update as the week goes on, here are some pictures and video so far.

By sunday afternoon they were touching! Vs. the sat and sunday morning teeth showing
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170416

killing another toy
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170417

After waking me up at 3:30am monday to play this is how i work up to him when my alarm went off
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170510

Yesterday morning

This was yesterday morning after the walk and playing fetch, yes he brings the ball back!

I love how he sniffs the outlet at the end. Truly a toddler.

Mine will jump in bed with me, start digging at the blankets, and then bark. Because I SHOULD BE UP AND PLAYING AND HAPPY with the rest of the "pack". It's both funny and annoying.

Tough days, but watching my puppy mature and take on her own personality is a lot of fun. I hope that you are able to keep Ghost a bit more so we can share in the adventure.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyFri May 05, 2017 2:24 pm

So the damn puppy is wearing on my heart....I keep saying we are not a 3 dog family but it dawned on me in the shower last night that we really do not know how long that might last Sad

he has fit right in and for a puppy he really is NOT that bad, but if he eats anymore of my plants i my kick his butt to the next town though! he took a head off my iris today!!!! I have worked so hard in my garden to have him eat everything before it blooms!! looks like the snow from last week did do a number on a few of my plants Sad

His foster parents come home sunday afternoon and while we might not need to give them an answer then we might hold on to him just a little longer to see. I am taking him to the huddle on sunday so we will see how the car ride goes with all 3 of them.

I just do not know $$$ wise how much this might impact us if we do keep him.

i have a nice red mark across my neck right now from a paw drag in bed this morning, sucker hurt!

He also learned the spot to lay during dinner to get what drops from ken. here is a bad cell pic

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn 20170512

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyFri May 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Mommy, mommy, look what I found in the ....

Mommy?? Mommy, it smells so great!!

Mommy? Mommy?? Where are you mommy, look, look, see ....

Mommy?? Oh well, no mommy, let's go see what else I can find ....

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Al, you nailed it! I also think i can deal with it better now then say if i am 2-4 years older then i am now

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyFri May 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Jennifer, there are pros and cons in a decision like this. I would give you my thoughts on it, but it's a decision you really have to make yourself. Financially though, unless he should get really sick or something, you probably wouldn't feel it. In fact, for me, the financial part wasn't even in the equation. Whatever you decide, it will work itself out.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptySun May 07, 2017 3:08 am

I feel your pain Jenn and I'll admit I'm one of the ones rooting for you to keep Ghost, he's just a natural fit with Jack and Sierra. The financial aspect was the one thing we really worried about when we adopted Diablo. The only thing that is noticeable is that the food disappears just a bit quicker, but we stagger the vet appointments so we aren't paying for 3 all at the same time.

In the end, you have to do what's right for you and your family. How does Ken feel about Ghost and adding a third?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptySun May 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Just wanted to finally chime and say that I've been silently following the adventures this week both here and on FB. Sounds like a tough decision and I can totally sympathize with all the different angles you're approaching this. In the end I know you're level headed and weighing all the options carefully which puts you light years ahead of many other people. All I can say is we're behind you 100% no matter which way you go with this.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptySun May 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Well said, Val! Jenn knows better then most of us about high vet costs.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn EmptyMon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Little brat is lucky to be alive! So yesterday I loaded the car and took them to the husky huddle, we got there i opened the back door and there was an opened bottle of motor oil that USED to be half full affraid He managed to pull it out and chew off the cap without me hearing him! there was oil all over his and sierras leashes, the dog bed the blanket under it and just a few spots on the seat. I spent the next 3hrs with my hands and arms covered in oil from their leashes at the dog park!!!!. It took 3 rounds in the washer on the toughest settings i could pick for it to come out of the blankets and dog bed. I think there is still some oil left on the leashes, need to wait for them to dry. i could have killed him!

he had fun at the huddle!
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn Fb_img10

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn Empty

Back to top Go down

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next