It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Welcome home Cain!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

Welcome home Cain!! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome home Cain!!   Welcome home Cain!! EmptyTue May 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Welcome home Cain!! Img_5510
Welcome home Cain!! Img_5511

We brought Cain home with us today and we are all in love with this chubby, fuzzy little guy!! The meeting with Suka did NOT go well and I'm pretty sure she would hurt him if she got the chance. She growl/talks/barks at him (tail wagging but I think that is just to throw me off) and lunges like she want to get ahold of him. I just don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Cain!!   Welcome home Cain!! EmptyTue May 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Congrats on the new pup he is adorable. I wouldn't worry too much, I thought Miya was going to kill Sofie when I brought her home, I just monitored play, and if there was a puppy yelp I got Miya to leave Sofie alone. They do play like they are gonna kill, but really it isn't as bad as it sounds. If tail ain't wagging, I probably would intervene more. Good luck it will work out. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Cain!!   Welcome home Cain!! EmptyTue May 02, 2017 6:29 pm

It sounds like she was more excited than anything. Kenzi stomps her feet and makes a grizzly bear sound when she meets dogs for the first time at home. She could still hurt Cain but probably not on purpose. More out of over excitement and getting a little too rough for no bigger than he is. Slow transition and boundaries. You can try to distract her away from pup with other things and see if she will until she calms down some. Give it time then attempt to reintroduce then distract away. Small pups are always a toss up for me. If she's been around small dogs before it will probably get smoother soon. If not it will take a bit to get past the combination of prey drive and just initial new.

Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Cain!!   Welcome home Cain!! EmptyWed May 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Things are going better!! They have been playing a little today so it seems that Suka is warming up to Cain!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Cain!!   Welcome home Cain!! EmptyWed May 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Yeh, listen to her now! In a few more days it's gonna be "How do I keep them from playing *all* the time? They're always underfoot at lightening speed!"

Traci, enjoy it while you can ....

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Cain!!   Welcome home Cain!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome home Cain!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1