It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:30 pm

So, I've been b**ching and complaining about this on FB, but I don't think that I've brought the topic up on here. I'm so furious that I'm about to call the city to see if there's something that they can do! I'm going to try and keep this short and simple.

There are 2...well now 3...dogs in my neighborhood that are let loose EVERYDAY!

One is German Shepard mix whose owner is an elder hispanic man. This almost 80yr old man seems to think that it's perfectly fine to take his dog out off lead while he strolls around smoking his tobacco!
Coincidentally his yard faces our yard and I know for a fact that the dog isn't too nice since it fights with Mya through the fence daily.
I've had to literally turn around and run back home with Mya because the dog was loose and I didn't want it to approach her and there be a fight.

The other one is chow chow who is loose every morning and evening for the past 6months or so. This causes big issues with my dogs walks because I either have to run back home and skip their walk (not fair AT ALL to them!!!!) or totally divert myself to avoid the dog. When I say divert I mean it takes me an additional 20minutes walking on a high traffic street to get to/from the park.

The other day I see Mya freaking out at like 630am smelling and growling under the door, but I paid no mind to her. We live in duplex and my mother in law and her husband live infront. Anyways, I see this chow chow in their yard with their poodle and I freaked. Ends up being that the chow chow followed him home and he called the owner to come get him because he thought the dog was lost. I totally took advantage of this and waited outside for the lady to arrive. Oh boy did I give her a piece of my mind! She says the dog gets loose and that she found it when the his original owner abandoned him in the area...blah blah. I told her it was her responsibility to make sure that he didn't get out or have him in the house or SOMETHING! The dog is loose at 645amish and 530ish EVERYDAY...coincidence? I think not! She even came to pick up him with no leash in her hand. HELLOO!

This was Thursday I believe and i didn't see the dog on Friday or over the weekend. I get home yesterday and the freaking do is at my door step! I had to sush it away to be able to walk my dogs. Same thing this morning!! He comes to our house now since this guy brought him into their house I guess. I don't know what to do!!!!

I really want to call the city on these ignorant mother Fers!!! But I'm not sure what they can do. If my dogs get into a fight with one of these loose dogs there isn't much I can do!!!

I'm so frustrated with this!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:48 pm

I would absolutely call Animal Control. They can issue fines and citations. You can do it anonymously.

However, I would only call on the people that you've already spoken to in person. I would recommend always trying to be "neighborly" and approach them face-to-face first. Dunno... It's a tough situation, but that's my thought...

Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I'd honestly call Animal Control, them not putting the dogs on leashes is putting the dog in danger of being hit by a car. Is it illegal in your city to have your dog off leash? If it is they will also get fined for it.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Tori, I don't want to knock on the guys door, but the second I see him and I'm not walking the dogs I'm definitely going to approach him before calling Animal Control on them.

As far as the lady is concerned I'm going to try and follow the chow chow home to see where he lives and try talking to her again I guess. If that doesn't work then totally calling the city! I need to find out if it's illegal to have your dog off leash. I think it might not be Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! 85993

This really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm

I think we live in the same neighborhood Wink
i have called animal control on one dog that was out front with his owners not leashed and he ran across the street and attacked both of my dogs no matter how hard i tried to get my self between them! i have not seen him out again. we also have a ton of others that run lose drives me crazy. i say call them in and see if you can give them an address or street for the dogs and time of day and let them get picked up. better then something happening to them.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Definitely double check the laws first. I assumed that there's a leash law, but there's the possibility that there isn't.

I'm sorry Sad

Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:13 pm

YES, S.Fl has leash laws. Double check in your county/city for the specific laws, but I am pretty sure it's a standard. This happened with a neighbor of mine, I spoke to him and told him I would call animal control. I guess he thought I was bluffing cause it happened again (once I almost hit the dog with my car when it ran out in the street). I called and ever since my call I haven't seen the dog off leash out front. AC told me they would come out and cite them because they take these complaints very seriously. Especially with all of the hoopla in broward with the dangerous dog stuff. However, they said it couldn't be anonymous but I didn't care since I already previously spoke with the owner.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 pm

So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called Animal Services and yes dogs CAN NOT be off leash. They told me that i would have to call them when the dog is loose and that they will either give them a Citation or pick up the dog and the owner would have to go get them at the shelter. I don't want the dog to be picked up though Sad I printed out the law and I'm going to try my hardest to find this chow chows house and approach them AGAIN. I printed it in Spanish for the other guy too!
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Tough situation. Sad Hopefully, things will change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!   Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Loose dogs in my neighborhood...what to do!!?!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1