It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kinda in a panic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Kinda in a panic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

just caught up; glade to hear that she didn't have a blockage. i hope he will feel better soon. sends positive healing waves your way.
Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Female Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Glad she's gonna be okay! Utis are no fun but at least it's treatable!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 8:39 pm

@Aryagirl...thank you! LOL, ummm,, not sure I wanna be the guy that.does.that. This has probly been one of our warmest summers, pretty sure that has a lot to do with it.

@Ronin, thank you so much. Mishka has been sleeping all day, poor thing Sad

@Tiger..thank you! Mishka is taking somewhat of a pain med, vet likened it to Advil for us, hopefully it relieves some of the uti' being no fun...there's not much of it though!

I really appreciate everyone's support! First time Mishka has been sick Sad I was so worried about it being a blockage so I'm VERY relieved it wasn't. Thank you everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Glad to hear everything is okay with Queen Mishhh!! Very Happy
At least UTI's are treatable.
Warm summer alright, even worse down here. Mylo is has been such a rug, we hardly go outside but we have some good wrestling sessions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 2:40 am

So glad Miss Mishka lady is ok! The pad thing? Hyperkeratosis: Hyper...too much keratin is a type of protein that forms horns, pads, hair, feathers etch osis...condition or state - so what you have is a condition where she has excess keratin...which is to say, the vet gave you a fancy name for what you already knew - she has excess stuff on the end of her pad. And, it is most likely idiopathic...which, as Wayne likes to tell pts, "we're idiots and don't know what causes it..."
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 3:28 am

@Dave, thanks man Smile she's doing pretty good right now. Today has been an up and down day for sure, after all this with Mishka this morning, I just got home from the hospital where my mom is...she was walking today and a Great Dane jumped on her and she fell and broke her wrist. I was with her at the emergency room for 4 hours! and all that time, Kohdi and Mishka were home alone (something they are not used to) and they didn't do a thing Smile Mishka seems her normal self, even ran around with Kohdi outside and wrestled. So hopefully things will improve.

@Amy, thank you Amy Smile what you said is pretty much how she explained it to me (I really should take notes! I ask like a million questions) I was concerned cuz her pad looked torn, like she ripped it, and/or she chewed on it like something was stuck in there that she tried to get out. I know another husky owner and her husky has the same thing! But the way the vet explained it is about how you did, too much protein etc., she said she sees it a lot and it's nothing to worry about. I like the way your husband explains idiopathic to patients, LOLOL . Overall I'm happy with Mishka's exam, my mind is at ease not only about this incident, but the other things I was concerned about but didn't have answers to. Earlier I mentioned her weight, and it should have read that she didn't recommend losing more than a couple pounds, not less. Her weight is good, but with just a tiny amount of padding...I was a little worried she was overweight (as I was with Kohdi so I was VERY happy to hear her say he was perfect Smile ) so not sure if I should even cut back on Mishka's food or anything...yet anyways. I'm glad she eats! Lol. But since I'm absolutely no good at figuring out if she or Kohdi are overweight, I'm happy I have a vets opinion.

Mishka was due for her Bortadella, I opted not to have it done as she doesn't go to dog parks, kennels etc. ,,,does anyone have an opinion on if I made the right decision or not?
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 5:05 am

Ohh no! your mother Sad Is it a great dane shes seen before or a usual?
Awwww what a good pair of pups alone. Great to hear Queen is moving around trying to have a good time.

And about the Bortadella...Mylo has been long over due for his but I also opted out for the same reason. The way I saw it was if he don't need it then why have more stuff in there, Trifexis is enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 am

Jimmy, sorry to hear about your mothers fall ... I've been told that old folks bones tend to get brittle and I'm not trying the hypothesis to see if it's true. Did they put it in a cast or one of the 'blow up' splints - just curious.

Bordatella - my take on it, if I have to take a trip up to the VA for anything, for exampl, it's a two day affair. I can make it in one, but it makes for a *long* day. When I get an appt, it tends to be on short notice - and it takes the bordatella vaccine two weeks to be effective. So mine get a yearly. My vet, which is where I board mine, simply will *not* board a dog who hasn't been vaccinated.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Jimmy, ugh....so sorry about your mom, hope she heals up fast. And great job Kohdi and Mishka!! As far as the bordatella, I am with Al and Dave, hahahaha, yep, if you do not plan at all to board them, I see no reason for them to get the vaccine. Miya and Sofie have never received the shot, but no boarding, no day care, no dog parks.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks Dave. It's a Great Dane she knows but it's a bit on the wild side, like a husky it will jump up at random moments without warning. My mom is only 5'3 and 95 lbs, doesn't take a lot to make her go down and this is a Great Dane. Your thoughts are exactly like mine re: Bortsdella, my two are on Nexgard and if I could, I wouldn't even have them on that.

Thanks Al, she got a splint last night (cast goes on Friday morning) . "Blow up" sounds like it's inflatable? If so, no it's not blow up, more like a series of wraps. I was told by someone at work that swelling has to go down before a cast can be put on, otherwise blood flow can be cut off (?). Re: Bortadella, my two aren't boarded and never will be, I have family that can watch them if something catastrophic would happen to me, so I'm good there, and I will also never take them to a dog park so I'm good there too. The vet gave me an odd look though when I declined so I figured I better get some opinions/facts from you all to make sure I made a good choice. Thanks so much Al and Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Renee! I missed your post AGAIN! Sorry! I'm proud of them! There was plenty they could have gotten into while I was gone cuz I had to leave so quickly, and when I got back they were right where they were when I left Smile Re: Bortadella, thanks, I don't want them having stuff in them they don't need so I'm trying to delete stuff where I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 2:57 pm

sorry to hear about your mom, hope he feels better and heal quickly.
a agree with Jimmy and Al, if your don't need it i wouldn't get it. Leo usually get it once a year cause he love to got to the dog park and play with his friends. and the lipo shot, which they tell me he needs cause we leave by the rivers.

Joey only when though his 2nd round of shot when he was a puppy, during the 2nd round he got really sick ran a fever and had diarrhea, throw up; let just say it was nasty. i then opted out of any vaccines expect for the rabies. we have never had any issues with him getting sick.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 6:25 pm

Thank you Ronin! I had a similar thing happen with Malukhai that you did with Joey, only upon getting home Malukhai cluster seizured almost immediately after walking thru the door after his rabies shot. Mishka ATM, has a UTI, I wouldn't really want to give her ANY vaccination while she's not "healthy"

. Thank you again everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda in a panic   Kinda in a panic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinda in a panic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2