It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from a small town in Illinois!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katie Mesner
Newborn
Newborn
Katie Mesner

Female Join date : 2015-01-14

Hello from a small town in Illinois! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:12 pm

My name is Katie Mesner and I am 28 year old single mother of two little girls and soon to be a 3rd little girl/husky. My daughters Kazlyn and Kahmari and I will be bringing home our very first Husky on Valentines Day and we are ecstatic! We live in Lincoln, Illinois. I only know of one Husky owner near us so if anyone reads this and you are anywhere near me, please let me know!
I work in Springfield, Illinois in a lumber yard where I have the run of the place and needless to say, I don't do a lot of "work". My new addition will have a lot of one on one time with me and hopefully will LOVE being able to come to work with me every day.
Stumbling upon this forum, and in reading only a few posts and rules, I think it is going to prove to be lifesaver for me! I couldn't be happier to be a part of it. I have so many questions, and who to trust more than owners and lovers of Siberian Huskies?!
Back to top Go down
Barczewska
Puppy
Puppy
Barczewska

Female Join date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Welcome to the forum!!

I am a relatively new member and I can tell you this site has helped me through so much with my boys. Looking forward to seeing your little wee girl grow up!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm only a state away. Welcome to the forum.

Newborn
Newborn
Katie Mesner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:45 pm

I am sure this site will help immensely!

Kiersten, I see that one of yours is Bi-Eyed. I love it! However, my 6 year old daughter asked me to please not get a bi-eyed husky and bring it into the house because she thought she would be afraid of it. lol I told her we wouldn't know until she was at least 6 weeks and by then it would be to late. Our pup is only 4 weeks old and she is counting the days until she can know for certain that she won't be bi-eyed. lol Crazy kids.

Jenn-
Missouri... yes not too far. I will be picking my girl up in Missouri actually. In Chillicothe, which is still a 6 hour drive for me! Sad
Back to top Go down
Barczewska
Puppy
Puppy
Barczewska

Female Join date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:07 pm

When we picked him out, my fiancee said bi-eyed creeped him out Razz But now he loves it, says that the brown side is his "calm" side and the blue is is "crazy" side Razz
Back to top Go down
BradyLK
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 pm

That's only a couple hours away from where my family lives, in Quincy.
However, my husky and I are currently in Hawaii. Razz
I miss the cold weather, though.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Welcome! I'm originally from Urbana Smile

Illinois has a fairly active H2M2 group, you might want to look them up on Facebook. I also have a friend who just moved to Mattoon who will be getting a Husky puppy around the same time as you guys. Enjoy your new little bundle of joy, and get ready for some serious mayhem Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hello from a small town in Illinois! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Katie Mesner
Newborn
Newborn
Katie Mesner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Mat toon is not too far from me. Maybe I could take a little trip to let the pups meet someday. I'm all about road trips. Smile
H2M2? I will have to look them up right now.
Thanks so much!
Mayhem is my middle name. Smile
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello Katie nice to meet you! wave Your daughters have such beautiful names. I can see just how adorable your new pup is from your avatar. Sounds like your puppy is coming into a very loving family and is going to have tons of attention! Looking forward to seeing updated pics when you bring her home!
Back to top Go down
Katie Mesner
Newborn
Newborn
Katie Mesner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Thank you! My daughters names... Funny story. My oldest Kahmari, her name means "like the moon". My youngest is Kazlyn Mehnaz. Mehnaz means "proud moon". And now... We will have our Luna "moon". I guess you could say that there is just something about the moon for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 11:44 am

BradyLK wrote:
That's only a couple hours away from where my family lives, in Quincy.
However, my husky and I are currently in Hawaii. Razz
I miss the cold weather, though.

I was born and raised in Wheatland! Used to race across the prairie between Wheatland and Weaubleau. Have family buried at a cemetery not far from Quincy. Small world. lol.

Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:14 am

Indeed.

I'm hoping I can get home next winter perhaps.
I'm just weary of the long flight (roughly 11 hours or more bounce ) and Hawaii has some quarantine laws that take a lot of health checks and paperwork and such.
I see all of these pictures of everyone's huskies in the snow, and I'm excited for Nova to finally see some! Definitely within two years, as we won't be here forever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a small town in Illinois!   Hello from a small town in Illinois! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from a small town in Illinois!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1