It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:05 pm

happy to hear she is much better now, she is beautiful love her coat color.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:09 pm

love her colors as well as her one party eye Smile she is looking great

Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

Female Join date : 2014-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:46 pm

(Writing this from my phone, bleh)It's been awhile since I've updated you guys on Coco. Sorry about that. Well, I had to take her to the vet around the beginning of December. She started scratching a lot and she started losing her fur again, so I gave her bath, but it didn't help out much. Her skin was a dark pink and she had a few scabs from where she scratched too much in one spot. I took her to the vet and my vet said it was just allergies from the seasons changing. He gave her an allergy shot and told me some dog shampoos to get her. It helped out some. She still scratches, but not as much and her fur is slowly growing back. Other than that, she's perfectly healthy and happy. Anyways, I'll post a few pictures when I can get on a laptop since mine stopped working. Also, I don't know if you can post pictures on here from your phone, so if anybody knows I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how, lol. scratch
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Leighanna!!! Smile I can't wait to see your pics. I know people here do use their phone but I unfortunately don't know how to (if I take a pic with phone or iPad i have to send to my laptop, haha) I know there's a sticky in here on posting pics but don't know if they address phones. Sorry Sad

So nice to see you again! Smile sorry about Coco's scratching condition Sad hopefully it can get under control.
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Thanks Jimmy! I'll look at it and see.

And nice to see you again too! Smile I'm trying to help her as best as I can. My vet said as she grows older, her allergies might get worse, which worries me. He told me not to worry about that though. But you know how it is, every little thing that happens to your pup makes you worry about them. Sad
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Did the vet rule out food allergies, Leighanna? It seems fairly common in dogs in general.
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 12:26 am

Yes, he did. That was one the first things I asked him about.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 1:30 pm

When she lost her hair some a while back, what caused that? Did the vet say or was it just the loss of weight caused it to fall out? I wonder if maybe it's more a nutrient deficiency (not in the sense that she is lacking something in the food you feed, but in she isn't absorbing certain nutrients in the food. Body not processing right), or possibly Alopecia since she was sick a while back. Did you get anything new like a rug or dog bed or blanket she spends time on that hasn't been washed and might have a residue from manufacturing her skin might be sensitive to? I find massaging coconut oil into the skin helps with irritation between baths. My girl gets dry skin in winter.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:25 am

Nice to see you on again Leighanna, I agree with Jenn, coconut oil, can give a dab in her food as well, they say to start off slow and work your way up, to like a tablespoon max, every few days. You can also switch off with fish oil, and or olive oil. All are great for your dog, especially those with allergies.
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

PostSubject: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I updated Coco's scrapbook. She's been doing excellent. She doesn't have her allergy problem anymore, which is really good. Her fur seems to be a lot thicker now. She has also calmed down some, and is a lot more obedient than she used to be. She still has her dorky side, and she even has become friends with my new kitten. I was really surprised about that one, because she always tried chasing the cats outside, but she allows this kitten to sleep on her, and march on her. It's the cutest thing. I'll put some pictures up of that. Anyways. Here are a few pictures of her from the past year.

Sorry for how big some of the pictures are.  scratch

Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-212
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-213
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-214Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-219
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-216
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-218
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-217
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-220
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-221
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-223
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-222
Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 2016-224
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Awesome to see pretty girl Coco my she is such a lovely girl. And OMG the kitty has the same coat colors! That is terrific that she loves the kitty, my girl is/was the same way, chased cats outside but loved my senior cat when she was still around. The pics of kitty and Coco are just heartwarming, huskies sure do love having a pack, even if they aren't the same species. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Coco is looking GREAT Leighanna!!! Soooo pretty! I know I've said it a million times, lol, but I absolutely LOVE her coloring. I'm so glad she got through her allergies. Did you find out what she was allergic to?

Pics with kitty are the sweetest pics ever! And the head shots, she's just beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm

She has developed beautifully. Glad you got to the bottom of her issues and it's behind you now. Those pictures of her and the cat are great.

Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 pm

she has an amazing coat color. her and the kitty are adorable cuddling together I love you .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*   Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Pretty Girl Coco *Updated 2/22/17*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3