It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:29 am

LOL, camera phones serve their purpose...I guess Wink I always have mine with me so thats why most my pics kinda suck.

I will do a memorial for each of my dogs...I'm just not ready yet. Just doing these scrapbooks I come across Anuschka and Malukhai's pics and...................my eyes start tearing up. AND I really want my tributes to be as special as they were.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am

I totally understand, it's been almost 20 years that my teenage years dog Lobo, passed, I still miss him. Went home to visit back in 1995, his last year, he slept next to my bed every night. Like I never left. Talked to my folks a few weeks later and my mom mentioned how much of a puppy he was, I guess my visit was good for him. About a year later his hips started giving out, my mom weighed maybe a 110 pounds and he weighed at least that, he was over 6 feet long, and she would carry him up their 3 stairs so he wouldn't have to. He was a wonderful boy, broke my heart when they gave me the call. I do understand. He was a gsd/wd, I wish I had digital pics of him, I would love to share his wonderful story.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Renee, you should share his story anyways, even without the pics.

I thought about this actually today while I was at work...I think maybe once I have my thoughts "written" down, maybe it will help me...so I may do Anuschka's tribute tonite. I've had dogs die before, ALWAYS heartbreaking...I don't know why, with these two, I'm having an exceptionally difficult time. Maybe its because they werent old, so there was no preparing for it, or maybe cuz they died so close together and were (besides the seizures) so amazingly healthy, I dont know, I just know I'm as sad today as I was the day they died Sad
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:38 am

I'm sure it's a combination of all the above. Strangely there are a few folks here who have also lost their babies young to Epilepsy and/or are going through it now. It'll get better, and love on your new babies, they are very intuitive when you're down and can do wonders at picking you back up.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:13 am

Thank you Renee, my current puppies shouldnt sense my sadness...when I'm with them, its all about them. I do make sure about that. I also dont want people in here to think their dog is likely to suffer the same fate as mine if they have Epilepsy...many many dogs live long full lives with it. Each case is quite unique.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Kohdi thinks if he can't see me, I can't see him, haha

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 01912
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:14 pm

One of Kohdi's favorite things to do...he's on his way to the pet store to get his treats...only he won't sit in his own seat, he crawls into my lap...he loves his car rides though

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00311
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:00 am

Love the updates Jimmy, wait until he gets a little bigger, Miya and I were driving and she was so happy she sat in my lap, turned around and proceeded to lick my face, funny yes, but when she's almost my size not easy to drive. Haha, Love the hiding pic.
Renee
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 am

The pic of him behind the branch is adorable. Smile

Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 am

Thank you so much Renee and Ashleigh Smile Under that tree has been his favorite hiding place since he was just a puppy...here is a pic of him as a puppy getting startd on a hole under the tree that he would lay in, in the future Wink Its a cedar tree so I'm kinda ok with it since it should be the one hole he digs without getting fleas, haha. And Renee, I DO know how you feel, Kohdi is 1 1/2 now so hes pretty much full size...............and he crawls in my lap when I drive Rolling Eyes Anyways, funny story, I was sitting at a light and I hear a lady in the car next to me say "gorgeous dog", so I thanked her...then she said her daughter in the backseat told her to look over and see "the wolf driving the car next to her" and she laughed, I had to laugh too.

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 22410
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:45 am

Lol, so funny. Kohdi is officially part of the mud paw clan!! hahahah How come it never shows you're on line? Just wondering. Thanks again for sharing, you have 2 beautiful babies.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:54 am

Thank you Renee!! Mishka is following in Kohdi's pawprints in becoming part of the prestigious "mud paw clan", haha...gotta get some pics of her this week, its long over due, she's getting so big now!!

I don't really know why im not shown as "online"...how can I tell? I know when im browsing a forum, it will say "Artic_Wind is browsing this forum".

btw, my apologis to everybody for many of my postings missing the letter "e"...Kohdi pounced on my laptop and it tweeked the "e" key...im trying to catch them all as I type but a few slip through
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 am

Jimmy, my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I just had a play session, I call it hand turns into bug and face plant Miya, she does all this flailing stuff all over me and looks so vicious, bites my hand, no skin broke, no me saying ow, just quiet time fun. Normally this is quiet time with the cat, but Miya is saying no way. Haven't notice the lack of e's with your posts. Funny with the not showing up, I even looked at your profile and it said last visit unknown, hmmmmm.
Any way can't wait to see Mishka's updates. Btw, we got 5 inches of rain today and Miya's stock tank got full, played ball, she got the zoomies around it, 68 degrees too, ahhhhh it was almost heaven.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 am

Awww...Miya's such a good girl. Kohdi gets in thes moods of "biting" and the more I play, the more insane he gets...he doesn't give up!!!

I'll check my profile settings...

NICE!!! 5 inches of rain in one day!!! thats like a years worth of rain here, LOL
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:40 am

Normally same here, but this year once a month 5-9 inches of rain in a day or two, flooding, and then nothing. I see you're online now. and yes some e's are missing. I think she heard me say ow too many times, it seriously looks like she's biting me, but not a scratch. She makes up games, it's seriously funny, one day I'll get something to record her goofyness. We live off a dirt road and she kept running in the puddles and then purposely splash me, we we're both a muddy, happy mess today.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 am

Sucky Iphone pics but thought I'd illustrate the typical walk with my dogs...so Mishka finds a pine cone and thinks now is the time to disassemble it while Kohdi is bored with himself so...

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00110
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:08 am

Kohdi throws his legs up in the air and starts his lil dance...

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00212
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:10 am

then we're off until Kohdi finds the first sprinklr to cool off in

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00616
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:04 am

Lol, Thank you Jimmy, I needed the smile. Such fun pups.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Thank you Renee Smile Hopefully I can make you smile again today with these pics of Kohdi teaching Mishka how to drink from sprinklrs on the walk Wink Mishka hasnt mastered her technique yet, haha

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00412
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00812
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Its Mishka's turn now!! unfortunately she pretty much just ended up getting nailed by the sprinkler Sad

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 00617
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 am

Jimmy,
lol, Mishka has gotten so big, they are so beautiful. Miya hates the sprinklers, drinks from the hose and swims, but sprinklers scare her or something, she doesn't associate it as water and I've tried. what type of harness do you use? Was it hard to get them used to them? It was 75 this morning with a nice breeze, so we took a leisure stroll, me not Miya haha, An older man drove by us, and Miya lays on my feet when I do my stay plus hand signal, it's like lay and freeze for her, I could see him say "wow what a good dog" my triumph of the day. You take such great pics, such good times, thanks again.

Renee
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:19 am

Thank you Renee!! Mishka HAS gotten big, yet when I see her next to Kohdi, she's still so small. She is the SWEETEST lil girl, but man has she got her own mind.

The harnesses are just the standard harness...I've heard the gentle lead is better, but that in reality its for dogs that pull, Kohdi just doesnt pull...so I'm not quite sure its necessary for me. Kohdi dislikes the harness for some reason, like...90% of the time I have to actually corner him to put it on, its turned into a game for him I think. While Mishka just stands there and lets me put it on her. Both are hand-me-downs from my previous Huskies. I use the harness because my previous Husky, Malukhai, just had to do this sly little maneuver and he'd be out of his collar...I can't risk that with Kohdi cuz he just doesnt listen when he wants to do his own thing. Kohdi's harness seems a bit loose but I'm not good at figuring out how to adjust it better...and his coat gets so thick!! so it might just be cuz its his summer coat now.

Awww, Miya is so good Wink I wish mine were so well trained!!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 am

Ahh, and the lady that lives at that house, was sitting on her porch laughing her ass off while Kohdi and Mishka were playing with her sprinklers...she got up and talked to me (she is SO cool, she adored Anuschka and Malukhai, often spoiling them with new toys and treats) her and her husband are moving to Washington State in about 2 weeks and have put the house up for sale, anyways, that fountain in the background of Mishka's pic (that circular thing...its also in a closer up pic with Kohdi on page 1 of this scrapbook) is a fountain that Kohdi (and previously Malukhai and Anuschka) drink from...she is giving it to me when they leave. She said its a memory for her (and me too) of Malukhai and Anuschka and belongs to me...for Kohdi and Mishka now to enjoy. I'm not gonna lie, I had tears in my eyes as she said that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next