It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) Empty
PostSubject: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 8:28 am

Koda got a baby sister!!!!! She will be living with me for a month until my fiance movrs into her new apartment that allows dogs. They will still see eachother very often even when she goes with her mom. Koda is doing well with her. She gets a lil nervous when he tries to play but she is still tiny and it will get better.

She is 8 weeks old. We rescued her from a rescue by my fiance. They said he mom was a shepard. Didnt say what kind, and we didnt get to see pic yet but we are waiting for her to get posted for adpotion to see. The mom was around 50lbs and we have no idea what the father was. Anyone have any ideas what they see in her? Some of the people at the rescuse said her mom was german shepard but i dont see any in her at all..

So here are a few pix of Nyx "The godess of the Night"

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 92ADED4C-6AE2-4BF2-AC21-BE8607FFE3C6_zpsv8veobz2

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) FFF97386-29F9-4D84-99EB-70CEE29217B9_zpsunc9y7jy

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 87EA132B-8037-44D8-B06C-5E2A17D13210_zpsqy7gaflp

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 1AD60E4C-AE6A-4376-A280-63FA3C76CA48_zpsew6jt8e2

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EE301771-4D48-47C3-AC3F-86B7F7981FB9_zpsfa4dxlqe
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 am

Looking at some of her littermates i thought the mom might be some aussie. But im not good at this lol
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:31 am

sooo cute!!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:50 am

Here are pix of some of her siblings. Might help determine breed.

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) CC24406C-FA32-47A8-A2DC-0D4D49819E48_zpsfwu5rezx

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) D0F9409B-ED6F-4638-9761-848AE1B7E6F4_zpscwzbzjsf
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:04 pm

What a little cutie! How does Koda feel about her so far?
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

MGoBlue wrote:
What a little cutie! How does Koda feel about her so far?

He is doing pretty well with her. We had to do a meet and greet with her before we could adopt her. I was a little worried cause he can get excited... You guys know how huskies try to play and make sounds. I was nervous the resuce would find that aggressive. But he actually walkes up to her smelled her, then walked away and smelled all the other different smells lol. So i was like yes!! Koda just ignore her for now lol!! Eventually he tried to play with her a lil and she got scared but the rescue understood, and she will get bigger and learn to play back with him. But he is doing very well with her, im proud of him.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:57 am

Found theae pix. Just a random dog. Said she was a german mix. I think nyx will look just like her. What you guys think?

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 7ED7466E-73A1-429D-BF4F-004AB6F47253_zpsx6hiearz

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 6A4BA659-C444-4D1A-A6A7-21669035E1A8_zps6zf7mtvx
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:00 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Found theae pix. Just a random dog. Said she was a german mix. I think nyx will look just like her. What you guys think?

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 7ED7466E-73A1-429D-BF4F-004AB6F47253_zpsx6hiearz

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 6A4BA659-C444-4D1A-A6A7-21669035E1A8_zps6zf7mtvx

With her coloring, her stance, her hind end - particularly the skinny legs, I would guess maybe some Great Dane?
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Very cute! Congrats on Koda being so well behaved too lol.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Also anothing thing. She was already spayed at 8 weeks. Is that normal? Even for a rescue? I feel like thays really young!!!

Amy: i think he paws are to small right now as a pup to be a great dane. But i could be wrong. Im actually a lil thrown off by how small her paws are for her mom being 50lbs.

Rocio: thanks!!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:42 pm

That is soooooo young. Though it's not the first time I've heard of that. Sad

She is totally adorable though.

MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:55 pm

She is precious. My friend has an aussie/gsd mix, she is so funny cute looking, head of a gsd and body of aussie, like the pick you posted, put a floppy eared gsd head on that dog and that's my friends Marley(seriously black and brown head, marble coloring with no brown body). Eight weeks seems so very young.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:07 am

Here are some more pix:

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 10ACC9D6-EAB6-42E4-8636-C2102E503BBF_zpscqhdgbch

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) B8FAF1CA-980E-4523-BD1B-A2D8DDEAFBD7_zpsk0zoqlfi

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) B6A802CB-8312-4E84-BD93-CF20752C948D_zpsuh3zu3xv

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) A1EC984C-15CC-43C8-9281-21DA7AAADCF2_zpsyik2zdcz

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) 8CB74182-EEF0-407A-BA57-B2DE1C91C41F_zpsla3jkuww

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) B0FAB3B2-23F8-4A85-B6C5-24BF8A52AEFD_zpslusasw4m
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:12 pm

That random dog you posted looks like a dane mix to me. Nyx is really cute! It will be interesting to see how she grows up!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:17 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
That random dog you posted looks like a dane mix to me. Nyx is really cute! It will be interesting to see how she grows up!

Someone did mention she looks like a great dane a lil. But i feel like her paws are way to small for that. But who knows lol
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 pm

I don't think she's big enough or leggy enough to be a dane. There is actually one in the park that is a merle/brindle type. She kinda has the head shape of a dane puppy too, but it's hard to tell. Smile Maybe aussie/dane?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm

I love the car pic with her head between seat and chick-fil-a cup, and Koda seems to be doing quite well with her. I still say aussie/gsd, neighbor's dog is shorter than Miya, very short legs, I think it's all up to how long her legs will be. Never seen a dane in person, but I do know they have very long legs.

I was curious, I typed in great dane in google and there is a pick of a pup close to your girls age, huge paws, and more square looking muzzle than her, but I don't. know

Last edited by MiyasMomma on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : looked up great dane)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)   Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is) Empty

Back to top Go down

Koda got a baby sister!!! Introducing Nyx "The Goddess of the Night" (not husky, any suggestions what she is)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1