It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Saber's in the hospital...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:23 am

I am in tears as well Sad. Don't blame yourself for even a moment; but like Val, I know it is much easier said than done. I still cry at night at blame myself for my heart cat's death in 2011. It still breaks my heart...but blaming myself only hurts me and doesn't bring Snickers back.

Take all the time in the world you need to heal. He was your baby and he knew it. He loved you and you loved him. I will pray for your healing. Just know he is running free with his best friend and he will be watching over you and he will always be in your heart.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:34 am

I'm so so sorry to hear about Saber Sad
Like everyone else has said, don't blame your self for it. You did what you thought was best and you gave him a wonderful life, and he gave you wonderful years.
Run free Saber.
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:33 am

Beth my heart goes out to you, I have quietly followed many posts from you on Saber and his health and I have always greatly admired the dedication you showed him and the amazing love you quite obviously had for him. He sounded like a phenomenal boy who was so lucky to have you and worthy of the piece of your heart that you gave him.

Rest easy and run free sweet Saber cross the bridge back to brighter days

Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:19 am

This is so terrible, Beth. My heart breaks for you and Saber, but as others have said, please, please, please don't blame yourself. He's now free of pain, and I'm certain he didn't think you abandoned him. With love as strong as you two have for each other, there's no room to think those things.

Rest in peace, Saber, and positive thoughts to you, Beth, in your time of grief.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:54 am

Sorry Beth, I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. As others have said, it's not your fault. You gave him a wonderful long life and now he is no longer in pain. Run free Saber.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Saber's in the hospital...Updated 5/10/14   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:16 am

Thank you all for your kind words. I know that I shouldn't blame myself and I think in the coming days and weeks I'll he able to forgive myself. I am content knowing that I did the best I could for him with only his best intentions in mind. He had a wonderful life and he knew he was loved and that he loved me in return.

It's almost surreal right now. When we lost Sebby almost a year ago, it was hard but Saber was there to soften the blow. Now that he's gone, everything is just so quiet. I forget for a second and expect him to come walking past my room. It's realizing that I'll never take him for another walk or pet him or give him a kiss that's hard. I'm the one that took care of both dogs in the morning before work and now I have no dogs to take care of. All of these things are going to be take a long time to get over. I know it will get better eventually.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly&Charcoal
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:02 am

I am really sorry to hear that. Bless you
Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:41 am

So sorry to hear this, I can't imagine what you're going through. You'll be in my thoughts. RIP Saber
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Oh Beth...I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We were away for a couple of days and I was telling my husband about Saber - I was truly hoping that the crate rest would lessen his back problems.

Please, please don't blame yourself. It really sounds like you and Saber gave it your all and that Saber knew it was time to say goodbye. Damn, I still can't write this without crying...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:07 pm

Run free Saber, and keep watch over your mom, she needs it.

Beth, im so sorry to read this update, I was really hoping for a better outcome. I think u need to think of you visit with him the first time as a good memory, he knew who you were you feed him and gave him his fav treats and u had time together, yes he cried but he did not think you left him, he knew you were always there for him. Maybe He gave up the following day because he did not want you to suffer any more worring about him. Now he will always be by your side watching over you. Hang in there we are here for you. Hugs

Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:01 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I was hoping he would pull through and am in tears over it. Don't you blame yourself and know that he is waiting for you. Hang in there in and know you have a community here that supports you in your time of loss. Sending much love your way.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:12 am

Beth, I am so sorry for loss. Don't blame yourself, if it had been the same outcome and you hadn't visited him you would of regretted it even more, you did everything that you could and he knows how much you loved him. He isn't in pain anymore and he had a great life with you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saber's in the hospital...   Saber's in the hospital... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saber's in the hospital...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2