It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Napping on my bed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chaner10
Newborn
Newborn
chaner10

Male Join date : 2013-05-17

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Since I spend most of my time home in my room, my husky tends to nap on my bed a lot. I've heard its not a good idea to let your husky sleep on your bed with you but what if they're just there alone?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 pm

WHAT huskies should not take over your bed during bed time lol! 

we upgraded to a king to fit us all on there....

Newborn
Newborn
chaner10

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Well she usually goes back and forth from the bed to my side when I'm in my room. So I shouldn't let her nap on my bed? She sleeps in her own nest of blankets on the floor at night.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Where did you hear that?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
chaner10
Newborn
Newborn
chaner10

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Just random forums. Usually they say that you shouldn't allow your dog to sleep with you on the bed because it'll make it seem like they're equals; usually mentions it as a dominance thing. Mine's never had a problem with obedience though and she snuggles up beside me when in the mornings. I was just curious as to whether I should let her nap on my bed when I'm not on it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 pm

thats up to you, if you like having her there let her stay Smile ours start on the bed but move to their beds during the night. your only issue would be sharing that bed with a lady and Nessy getting upset by it!

Newborn
Newborn
chaner10

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Haha. Mine's never upset. The only things that DO upset her are turkeys, cats and that groundhog living under the shed.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 pm

I let Lycus sleep on my bed but usually only during the winter time. It's too hot in the summer for that extra body heat, and in the winter, I stick my feet under him lol.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 am

jbealer wrote:

We may have to do this in the near future...it made me laugh because my husband thought I was crazy for even thinking it.... lol! 
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 am

When my hubby falls asleep on the couch, Karli sleeps with me. That way I don't have to sleep alone lol. Its totally up to you!
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 am

I'll be the bad guy. Maya is not allowed on the furniture and she does not sleep in our bed. I truly do not like to sleep in a hairy bed. However, when we leave for the day she does have "her couch" that she sleeps on until one of us returns home then she sort of slides off back to the floor. The other exception is when mom gets up early and dad sleeps in, then she has been known to slink back upstairs and quietly slip into bed and cuddle up with dad.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

Koda sleeps in his cage at night. But during the day on the very rare occasion when he is calm, he will lay in bed with me. But when my fiance is over she and koda take the bed, and i lie on the floor. Not enough room. They are both bed hogs!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 am

jbealer wrote:

I am waiting for this day to come where we can fit a king size bed! Its 2 people and 2 dogs in a full size bed, its a nightmare! They don't sleep with us all the time but for the most part Siku starts in bed and then moves to his bed or a corner eventually and just goes back and forth when he pleases.

In my opinion it has nothing to do with dominance. Its just up to you whether or not you want your dog to sleep with you and how much hair you don't mind in your bed.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm

I've never had a dominance issue from letting dogs sleep on my bed. or men, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Hughie wrote:
I'll be the bad guy.  Maya is not allowed on the furniture and she does not sleep in our bed.  I truly do not like to sleep in a hairy bed.  However, when we leave for the day she does have "her couch" that she sleeps on until one of us returns home then she sort of slides off back to the floor.  The other exception is when mom gets up early and dad sleeps in, then she has been known to slink back upstairs and quietly slip into bed and cuddle up with dad.

I don't think you're being a "bad guy." You're making that decision based on personal preferences. And it's totally understandable to not want dogs on the furniture, I'm sure your non-dog owner guests appreciate it very much. I think it's just silly when people say they don't do it because of dominance.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:05 pm

I've slept with dogs my whole life, I think its something my dad thinks is good for us since he's letting my little brother do it now with their current dog. Once I was sure Karli was fully potty trained, letting her sleep with me was easy. In fact, now when I say go to bed, depending on how she feels, she either goes to her kennel or heads upstairs to my bed (this only happens at night, during the day go to bed gets her to her kennel.) My hubby has a hard time if I'm already up in bed because then she thinks she has to come join me lol. I had planned on not letting her on the couch, but that lasted for two seconds because the hubby thought she was so cute as a puppy trying to get up there. I've never heard of it being a dominance thing but I was told that if I let her sleep with me and then the next night make her sleep in her kennel she'll get sad because she can't understand why I wont let her sleep with me again. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. She happily goes to her kennel or to my bed, whichever we decide lol.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:21 pm

In my experience, there is nothing wrong with letting a dog on the couch or on the bed... if anything I think it increased Keyto's bond with me. A good dog will get on and off when told... Keyto has finally figured out she is welcome anyway, and will jump up on the couch herself when I'm there and curl up.

She sleeps with me in the bed when I ask, and sometimes when she chooses. as soon as she gets too hot she will go back to her bed on the floor. I like it, because Keyto is extremely teddy bear like, and I get cuddles without the humiliation of owning a teddy bear at my age Laughing
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

again only down fall to dogs on bed.....
Napping on my bed 15318310
last to bed has to find a spot! and thats on a KING!

Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 3:14 pm

There is no hope. We were talking of getting a king but looks like we will still be in the same boat if that is what your bed looks like LOL.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:45 pm

I've got my eye on a SUPER king... only thing is it is hard to find linen that fits and the linen is generally very expensive
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:09 pm

histi wrote:
I've got my eye on a SUPER king... only thing is it is hard to find linen that fits and the linen is generally very expensive

If you mean California King, King size sheets fit on them. The trick is you have to turn the fitted sheet the opposite way you normally would, because a Cali King is more square shaped. The hubby came with a Cali King lol, so I lucked out in that regard. We buy King sheets and they still hang over the sides a lot.

We don't let the boys sleep with us at night because our GSP somehow manages to push us off the Cali King and Danzig doesn't like touching people while he's sleeping so he won't even stay on it. If Dustin decides to pass out on the couch Danzig will come sleep with me (on the way other side) until Dustin comes in. But they sleep on the couch at night. Now that Danzig is free to roam the house, I noticed they both lay on the bed during the day, but I don't mind that too much. Just have to wash the blanket more. I've never heard of not allowing for dominance reasons.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 pm

not sure... all i know is here in new zealand we have single, double, queen, king, and super king.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:32 pm

histi wrote:
not sure... all i know is here in new zealand we have single, double, queen, king, and super king.

Oh! I didn't realize you were in another country  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Yup... I'm an Outsider  lol! I have barged my way in and made myself comfortable Smile
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:02 am

Lol. I wouldn't say outsider is the right word haha. Maybe if I get bored enough I'll find out if a super king and California king have the same measurements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Napping on my bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napping on my bed   Napping on my bed Empty

Back to top Go down

Napping on my bed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Training-