It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laurenh3088
Newborn
Newborn
Laurenh3088

Female Join date : 2013-12-03

My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP! Empty
PostSubject: My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!   My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:13 pm

I have a 7 month old husky named Izzy. I feed her Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy food but she doesn't always eat and she looks a bit too skinny. I have been trying to mix in the Blue Buffalo Wilderness canned food and she LOVES it however it causes her to be really gassy and gives her the runs Crying or Very sad Is this something that will eventually stop once she is used to it? Or is there something else I can do to get her to eat her dry food...

Also, on another note, when I feed her the canned wet food she tends to get aggressive when you are near her (like growling and showing her teeth)...it makes me so mad!! How do you break her of that habbit? (I think she likes the food too much even though her stomache doesn't agree with her)

This is my first time owning a husky. I just want her to be happy and healthy!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!   My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:34 pm

How long have you been feeding the BBW and how long has been reluctant to eat it? How much do you feed her and how often? The canned food reaction can be because it is new to her tummy and she can't handle it quiet yet; although I have never fed canned food so don't quote me on that.

For the guarding, you need to nip that in the bud completely. Resource guarding is not something to be taken lightly and needs to be dealt with promptly. What do you mean by near her? Walking by her, standing by her, petting her or putting your hands in the bowl? Be as specific as you can so we can help you better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!   My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:54 pm

My girls tummies couldn't handle the BB "wilderness" as it was too rich for them. It also made Selena very gassy, to the point she would stink out a room! They now eat BB Basics limited ingredient and have been doing great on it! Huskies tend to have very sensitive tummies and sometimes it can be a trial and error to find the right food that works for them. As far as the canned food, I myself wouldn't feed and don't feel they need that. And I definitely wouldn't feed it to her if she is guarding her bowl when you give it to her....she will eat her hard food when she is hungry enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laurenh3088
Newborn
Newborn
Laurenh3088

Female Join date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!   My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:36 am

She has been eating the BB wilderness for 4 months. She just picks at it and she isn't filling out which is why I am trying the wet food. She's been eating it for a for a week or so and she gets really protective of it when you stand by her, pet her, and especially reach for the bowl. I try yelling at her but it doesn't always work.

And Izzy does clear a room with her gassiness lol. Maybe I should try switching her food. Thank you for the input!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!   My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP! Empty

Back to top Go down

My husky puppy is having digestive problems with her food...HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1