It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ear position

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Ear position - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:32 am

Ha, I'm game. He's never been in a pool before, but I'm sure he'd love it, especially if I can be with him the whole time.  

I'd love to check out your work and the pool.

It's constant at the lake: hey, how'd you do that? I thought Huskies hated water??

I just say: snap peas.

Zack's Arya swims too. Korra...no way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:37 am

Man. Bella would swim in her water bowl if she could fit. She LOVES water. Mechta I'm not sure on. Never tried. If Bella would do it - she would follow though.

Ear position - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Sheba loves the water as well! Always has. Huskies don't swim...pfft!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Brooklyn, a husky at work will play woth a hose and a kiddie pool, but not the big pool.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Mishka loooves water. I've never had the chance to get him to really swim so I'm not sure he'd like it and thankfully he's never tried jumping into our above ground pool.

Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Yuki gives me those ears whenever I'm making fun of her (I make fun of her.. a lot..), and when shes content/happy, and when shes annoyed. The two photos below show the content and the annoyed.
Ear position - Page 2 Yuki1636_zps46732280
Ear position - Page 2 D1_zps21efdaf6
Link makes the side-ears when he's super excited and has the zoomies.
Ear position - Page 2 Link75_zps188c99d0
Ear position - Page 2 D6_zps62c206c8

And not to go off on a tangent, but my two LOVE water!! I can't keep them away.
Here's Yuki swimming at the lake
Ear position - Page 2 Z69_zps2feda9d4
And Link chasing Bourbon at a dog pool event
Ear position - Page 2 A9_zps74a08283
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Lucian hates water. Gives me that look all the time though. About all he wants to do with water is drink it. I can't even get him to step in the kiddie pool. Won't play with the hose or a sprinkler either. Throws a fit when it comes to a bath too.
Back to top Go down
liamdav6
Newborn
Newborn
liamdav6

Male Join date : 2012-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 pm

seattlesibe wrote:

liamdav6 wrote:
A general rule of thumb
Ears forwards - confident/alert
Out to the side - relaxed
Fearful/uncertain - back and flat
Hmm, my experience with any dog whatsoever with the last bit is not true at all.  

Fair enough, there was a reason I edited in 'a general rule of thumb' though.
If you think about it, being greeted with ears pinned back but happy body language could be explained by being happy to see the person, but unsure of whats going to happen in the situation, doesn't mean they're scared of you or anything, just means they're not sure what's going to happen.
As Eric pointed out - the ears are only part of the whole body language.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 pm

That's cool. I can see how OH MY GOD I MISS YOU and extreme excitement can be a form of uncertainty.

I definitely wasn't saying it wasn't true, it's just that I have learn to perceive ears back as positive and not negative....that's all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ear position   Ear position - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ear position

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-